Confidentiality Breach
RJ221

My Verizon service was interrupted and was out for over 24 hours until a service rep showed up. I immediately suspected something on Verizon's end. I was due to go to closing in a few days and was finalizing our move-in place. I called and on the auto reply was told that "I had ordered a disconnection of service for Sunday" and that new service was scheduled for the following Monday. I had not order any thing. Once I got to a service person, the first thing I asked is if something was done on the backend due to the change of service. He said that would not happen unless I ordered it. Two other people at Verizon, including the service tech that came out, told me the same thing. But I had not. Someone was allowed to change my service. I spent a lot of time trouble shooting through the web, then on the phone and then when the service tech showed up the next day. It turned out that it was something done on Verizon's end, but the supervisor I talked to did not want to own up to the mistake. She offered $20.00 and said that someone provided a legal document so that they made the change (without my permission). I ask what that document was and she said she did not know and that they don't keep a copy of it. She said that she was the end of the resolution process. I do not believe this. I need to know what department or office to escalate this to. If anyone can just call and change someone else's account, there are a lot more illegal things that they can accomplish.

0 Likes
Re: Confidentiality Breach
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RJ22

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes