Congratulations to Optimum
Stolli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, congratulations to Optimum cable services. They just released Version 3 of their streaming iOS apps. You remember the Fios promise of streaming apps don't you? You know the ones that would allow you to watch live TV on your Ipad, Iphone or android device? I wouldn't blame you if you forgot since it was so long ago and so many price increases ago. 

Yes, Fios the one that promises superior, advanced technology while Optimum offers the afore mentioned apps, free Wi-Fi all over town and a real local news channel.

It time to reconsider if all this advance technology I get from Fios is worth it.

0 Likes
Re: Congratulations to Optimum
Chazm1

I've had fios for just over one month, I've had to call them 4 times already. Yesterday their website was down,  I called and the guy said it was down. I said why, because it's HOT outside? Today, I can't get my TV listings. 

I just assumed that they would soon have streaming tv for my iPad which I enjoyed with Optimum.

Why can't they get it together?

The only reason I switched was because my bill was getting too high and they didn't renegotiate with me like they did last year. But I also switched because I got a free dvr which I didn't have before. 

The installation was an all day affair, they didn't tell me I'd have to clean out my bedroom closet so they could mount a giant panel in there. Also, I had to move my telephone, it's now in an inconvenient place.

Also, they told me they would make sure all my devices were connected and working well they forgot to hook up my streaming dvd player, that was a pain , I had to call and have some so-called expert walk me thru it. 

I don't see that much of a difference in speed either. Pages load even slower than optimum it seems. I'm sorry I made the switch, I think. 

That is something they had better fix, the crummy apps they offer are nowhere near as good as Optimums.

0 Likes