Considering Triple Play bundle - no way to keep current phone plan?
RJA
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm considering a FiOS Triple Play bundle but can't seem to get a consistent answer from the Customer Service Chat about keeping my current phone plan.  All the bundles I'm being offered are with the Verizon Freedom Essentials phone plan.  I currently have the Verizon Freedom phone plan (local and national) which has more features than Freedom Essentials.  Can I order the Triple Play bundle online and still keep my current phone plan?
0 Likes
Re: Considering Triple Play bundle - no way to keep current phone plan?
prisaz
Legend

@RJA wrote:
I'm considering a FiOS Triple Play bundle but can't seem to get a consistent answer from the Customer Service Chat about keeping my current phone plan.  All the bundles I'm being offered are with the Verizon Freedom Essentials phone plan.  I currently have the Verizon Freedom phone plan (local and national) which has more features than Freedom Essentials.  Can I order the Triple Play bundle online and still keep my current phone plan?

In 2005 when I switched to fiber, I gave up a few features. But the only one I miss is three way calling. Never used speed dialing. You may have to just add the extra items at what ever cost. The bundle discount more then offsets the difference. You may get them to deal with you when you place the order.

Verizon Freedom 

Five of Verizon's most popular calling features — Home Voice Mail, Caller ID, Three-Way Calling, Call Waiting, and Speed Dialing. (All features are subject to availability and compatibility restrictions.)

Verizon Freedom Essentials 

Your choice of three of Verizon's most popular calling features — Home Voice Mail, Caller ID, or Call Waiting. All features are subject to availability and compatibility restrictions

Harles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon now offers National Flex Bundles that bundle FiOS Internet and FiOS TV without the voice service. Although it is not as cost-effective as the FiOS Triple Play with Freedom Essentials and promotions are not as valuable, it does offer an alternative for discounts.

It should currently be $79.99 for FiOS Internet 20mbps/5mbps and FiOS TV Extreme HD.

{signature removed}

Message Edited by Harles on 05-04-2009 03:06 PM
Message Edited by KaLin on 05-04-2009 06:33 PM
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
I think the tripple bundle at $109 is still a better deal if you add the one or two features that you are missing, and just pay the few dollars extra cost for those features.
0 Likes
jumpin683
Contributor - Level 1

When I considered Verizon Triple Play I seriously thought about my existing Vonage service.  I decided to keep Vonage and get the $79.99 service.  My vonage service offers a lot for $25 that the Verizon phone service seriously lacks such as simultaneous ring, voice mail with email notification, call forwarding, blocking, etc. etc.  The other thing you get killed with on the telephone service with verizon is all the **bleep** taxes.  I don't blame VZ for that, I blame our friends at the FCC.  I would be interested in the new Verizon Digital Voice service VZ has or is coming out with.  I would hope one could use their own phone instead of the $150 hub.

0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1
if you are in fios territory, call the verizon residential service.   I seem to recall someone saying something about a voip service from verizon (used to be called voicewing).  The hub is a verizon wireless service.   i know...verizon is verizon. but the hub has one voip service and i thought the landline part of verizon has something similar to what vonage had.
0 Likes
Harles
Enthusiast - Level 3

@MagicMan wrote:
if you are in fios territory, call the verizon residential service.   I seem to recall someone saying something about a voip service from verizon (used to be called voicewing).  The hub is a verizon wireless service.   i know...verizon is verizon. but the hub has one voip service and i thought the landline part of verizon has something similar to what vonage had.

FiOS Digital Voice will be hte VoIP service Verizon will offer, but it has not launched nationally yet. Voicewing is no longer accepting new customers.

Thank you,
Harles

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

I have fios phone and freedom essentials and this is what I have  (the only thing I pay extra for is the distinctive ring)

• Anonymous Call Rejection  
  • Touch-tone Service  \
  • Caller ID 
  •  Call Waiting  Call Waiting ID  
  • Home Voice Mail
  •   Distinctive Ring - 1 
  • Call Forwarding - Busy/Don't Answer
  • 0 Likes