Contact Tech Support without being primary account holder
khussien

We've been having internet connectivity issues for a while now and the primary account holder (a roommate) is extremely computer illiterate. She knows how to turn on her laptop, use facebook and maybe type some **bleep** in word, but thats about it. I'd prefer to make the call myself.

Will they talk to me even though I'm not the account holder? I can get information about the acct if need be (acct #, last payment amount, etc).

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Contact Tech Support without being primary account holder
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

May be a little tough if she is female and you are mail.
Couple of options:

1) Have her call. When she gets support on the line, she can ask if she can turn problem over to you.

2) Have her hit them up on twitter @verizon support. After some basic troubleshooting, they usually bring up a chat. You can take it from there.

BTW, what issues are you having? Although this is mainly a peer to peer support forum, we may be able to give you some tips.

0 Likes
khussien

We've seen our connection drop every 30mins or so. Sometimes its more frequent and sometimes less so. This is being wired into the modem directly. 

I ended up talking to tech support via chat by providing Account Holders name and phone number and he confirmed that the modem keeps losing signal and advised us to do a factory reset on the modem (which I know doesn't do **bleep** in these sorts of cases) and call back if still having issues so they can roll out a tech to replace the modem (again this probably won't solve anything).

The issue is either from the modem to the ONT (doubt it as we upgraded to gigabit and had to have a new line installed from ONT to modem) or from the ONT to the Node or something further upstream.

Other roommates that actually watch TV have noticed issues with On Demand and regular TV viewing as well.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would call them back and let them know that it is not only Internet (VOD runs over Internet as well) but you are seeing hits on TV signal as well.
That should steer them towards the ONT or its connectivity.

BTW, Verizon does not use a modem. The device you are refering to is a router.

0 Likes