Contract Bundle Renewal Bait, Switch and Nothing!
Robinplee
Enthusiast - Level 1
On Feb 28, I called and email chat to renew my contract from $104.99 and get a lower renewal price than the $154.99 quoted, I was on the phone with three different reps and on-line with 4 different Agents from 11:30am till 3:00pm and when I was given a price of $124.99 if I go ahead withTriple Play: FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited, up my internet to the FiOS Internet 50/25 from my original speed 35/35, FiOS TV Ultimate HD, I would get Free Movie Package Ultimate HD and Free HBO for 2 years, per the agent he quoted, it will be FiOS 50/25 Mbps plan faster speed lower Bill as compared to the current price of my bundle plan and apart from this I would get free FiOs upgrade for the first month. So, additional discount of $10 for the first month and was asked how does that sound and I said good and I asked if we could speak via phone and was told because it was an online chat department the calling option was not available, but that he would assist me with my order I was instructed what to click and then that after my selections click on Add to Cart and the Check out button and to let him know once the next page is up and wanted to confirm that I was able to proceed I told him that the price he QUOTED me was not there and if I hit confirm that the price that it was confirming was for $154.99 for 2 years and not the $124.99 that he quoted, then I was told not to worry and to continue and click on the Review your order I did and it still said $154.99 and I told him the price still has not changed and that I was not going to confirm the $154.99 when I was quoted $124.99, when I first switched over 2 years ago from Time Warner this was one of my concerns in regards to renewal pricing, I spoke in speaking with a manager via phone and voiced my concerns In regards to the stories that I have read online and heard from others and was told oh not with Verizon, we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and when that time came that I could negotiate a price and when I was quoted the $124.99 I was like great they, Verizon, do keep their word I was I impressed and a believer until my agent all of a sudden line went and was I given another agent and another, one agent kept saying just hit the confirm button, hit the button and he said, so I hit the back button and he said I see the you backed out and I said yes and if you see that then you see the price has not changed and I am not confirming until the price I was quoted appears and then I was passed to another agent. I have been a loyal Verizon customer for 2 years, my bills have been paid on time, and I am so disappointed and angry, just don't understand what is more important than keeping your word to customers via phone or on-line chat, I thought Verizon was a class act and better than Time Warner and Comcast which is why I switched in the first place, after bragging and talking to anyone who would listen about Verizon, how great they are, don't listen to the horror stories, and how they work with you, I even inquired if this service will/would be available in Buckhead, in Atlanta, GA where my family resides so that they can get and enjoy the service. In the end, guess I am another one of the stories here, and I got caught up!
0 Likes
Re: Contract Bundle Renewal Bait, Switch and Nothing!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Robinplee,

Sorry we couldn't provide a better resolution, but we thank you for giving us the opportunity to look into this for you. If you ever need assistance in the future please let us know.

Thank you,

Anthony

0 Likes
ara9799

Me too.   I agreed to a contract price to renew my contract for two years.  I had a good deal, and they raised it a little bit, which was fine.   They have yet to honor it, and that was back in November.  When I called to complain, they said they don't have that deal anymore, so they will have to adjust it manually every month.   Which I objected to, but they did it every month, after, of course, I called and complained.   This month they refused to do it, saying it was at their option.    That's illegal- nasty woment told me I was out of luck and refused to provide a copy of the contract they claim I agreed to or make the adjustments.   They then did the same thiing in January with a 50% off bundle.   Bait and switch.  Do not use Verizon.   Under any circumstances.

0 Likes
birdlady2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had exactly the same experience! My bundle went up $30 for the same package. I asked the CSR how can they offer a new customer my package for $99 dollars ( my original price) AND free HBO for a year while charging me ( the loyal cutomer $30 a month more). Am I paying for someone else's free deal? Sounds like it to me. They offset ALL their business costs on us so why not charge us for  all the "deals" too! **bleep** crooks if you ask me. 

0 Likes