Contract renewal without my permission + terrible customer service
soulgemini
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where to start? I have been a long-time subscriber to the Ultimate HD plan, which originally included Showtime, Epix and Cinemax. Last August I get a notice that they are replacing Cinemax with Starz. So they cancelled my Cinemax but never replaced it with Starz, even though I adhered to my end of the contract and should have had Cinemax--or at least three premiums--for the  for the duration of my contract. I called to complain and the guy signed me up for Starz but waived the $15 add-on fee per month, good through this August. Well, my contract expires next February, so I chatted to see if they could extend the $15 per month disccount through February, because I am still under the contract I signed up for, and should at least get 3 premium channels.

The guy--Customer Service Rep Lee if you are reading this--tried to up-sell me on faster internet speeds for an extra $20 per month and even promised a shiney new Chromebook if I signed up (worth $130 on Amazon). He sent me a "preview of your order email" which I saw, but refused to click the "confirm" button. About that time my browser was crapping out on me and I lost the chat with Lee.

I then called in, because it is always better to talk to someone over the phone. The guy gave me the $15 per month extension through February over the phone. I didn't trust the lost chat with Lee, so I went to chat again to make sure order didn't go through. This time I got Customer Service Rep Clare. I asked her just to confirm that I was not resigning for 2 years at a higher price and she did everything to keep me on the the line seeing what discounts she could find. I told her up front she was wasting her time. Between her and Lee I received 9--count them 9!-- "review of your order" emails that day. On not a single one did I hit confirm.

2 hours later, I get a "Thank you for your order" email from Verizon, when I clearly did not place an order. Over the course of the next three days I chated with 5 or 6 additional reps, two tech service reps who routed me back to customer service, and two promises of call backs from a manager or an agent ... all to no avail.

All I wanted was what was promised me under my original contract and now I see I am signed up for 2 more years at a higher price. This is unacceptable. And no one can help me, because no one "has the authority" to go into the system to make changes. I am waiting for yet another manager call today. I am not holding my breath.

0 Likes
Re: Contract renewal without my permission + terrible customer service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi soulgemini,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes