Contract renewed without my consent

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Contract renewed without my consent

Message 1 of 2
(5,262 Views)

My 2 year contract expired in Sept 2009. I did not want to renew the contract as I like having the option of bailing out if I want to. With each new day, I am closer and closer to that point. To get my bill down after my contract was up, I went online and removed everything from my phone including unlimited long distance, call waiting, etc. I did sign up for Verizon as my long distance provider at 6.99 a month and I think 5 cents or 10 cents a minute.

I was never able to make any long distance calls even though I received a letter welcoming me. So I called Verizon, the rep I spoke to I clarified to him that NO, I didnt want to get back into the bundle to save money. But I want my long distance incase I need it and explained to him the welcome letter I received but the features did not work. So he says, well I can put you back on the unlimited long distance. I said fine. I was switched to a third party to verify that I did want Verizon as my long distance provider. That was that or so I thought.

I now see on my account they renewed my contract with them. I am no legal eagle, but Im thinking this is not legal since I didnt authorize that. I sent an email to them and received no reply. I am not about to call them and wait on the phone for ever just for them to tell me that I did sign up for it. I mentioned in the email that the calls are recorded so they can plainly listen that the contract being renewed was NEVER discussed. As if they care.

So I am looking for input. I think its the FTC I can contact in regards to this, correct? Anyone experience this before? Im sure I am not the only one.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Contract renewed without my consent

Message 2 of 2
(5,191 Views)

Hello mich73...sorry to read what happened. If you can fill out this form I will be able to access your account and find out what plan you have and if in fact your contract was extended or renewed. Thank you so much.

https://www98.verizon.com/content/verizonsupport/

Constance
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.