Copyright Notification Violation Question
Dreyzzyn
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoke with numerous reps over the phone and in their talk support think but none of them were ever able to help me. Apparently I got a notice this morning through the phone. went to check online and found I have a level 1 notification. Next to it said it was send via email. I never received it, nor do I know what this 'level 1' means since no rep can figure it out, or any online resource I have managed to dig up. Anyone here have an idea on what the levels mean? Also, any way to teach the reps how to resend the letter since I never got it?
0 Likes
Re: Copyright Notification Violation Question
prisaz
Legend

@Dreyzzyn wrote:
Spoke with numerous reps over the phone and in their talk support think but none of them were ever able to help me. Apparently I got a notice this morning through the phone. went to check online and found I have a level 1 notification. Next to it said it was send via email. I never received it, nor do I know what this 'level 1' means since no rep can figure it out, or any online resource I have managed to dig up. Anyone here have an idea on what the levels mean? Also, any way to teach the reps how to resend the letter since I never got it?

This posting is a year old but may apply. This discussion is in regards to running peer to peer file sharing.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22032432-Copyright-Violation-Notification

If you google copyright level 1 notification, you will find many postings. B sure your do not have any file sharing software on your network, it could lead to big problems.

Dreyzzyn
Enthusiast - Level 2
That works. Now to find a way to get verizon to forward those emails since they were never sent.
0 Likes
Dreyzzyn
Enthusiast - Level 2
also, how many 'levels' are there? At what point is serious action taken?
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Dreyzzyn wrote:
also, how many 'levels' are there? At what point is serious action taken?

I really could not tell you unless I went back and read the postings in that thread. I do remember two is bad and someone said three strikes your out. I would not worry as much about loss of access as I would about legal action if you have copywritten works available for access on your system, or if you are downloading them. The link to the thread I provided included a phone number in one of the postings, have you tried that?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

all levels are bad.   once you have a level 1 - your system is flagged and you can bet that those copyright guys that are sending notifications are keeping an eye on you in some respect.

so take it for what it's worth, but I would probably chill on the downloads if I even got one.

0 Likes
dcm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like others have said any level warning is BAD.  You should stop downloading illegially or if soemone else in the house is they should stop.  You could ban their mac address from your router. 

If you have been flagged tthen they will continue to watch you.  (edit)