Credit Hard Inquiry from Verizon
Ivy17

Back in June I had checked online for services with my home address without setting up any new services. I also called Fios to inquire about their services and i had no idea that my credit would be checked without my consent and getting a hard pull on my credit. I was never asked to authorize such thing because i wouldve said no. I was asked for my social security number to identify me. I have credit Karma,  i received a notification that i recently had a hard inquiry. I didnt authorize this hard pull or was i asked over the phone to consent to running my credit. This hard pull will stay in my credit for 2 years. I contacted verizon fios at 1-800-837-4966. I was transfer 5 times, it was very fustrating. no one was able to help me. The last person that i spoke to was from the Fraud Dept Verification Center and she was not helpful either, she was telling me that online when i checked prices

for the services, it asks for your social security, that was a lie it only asks you for you home address and it gives you the prices of the services where you live. This customer service and people from the Fraud Dept Verification dont know how to help people, they act they dont care over the phone.

I need to be directed to the right person who can help me. Once again, i did not authorize Verizon Fios to run my credit, this question was not asked by the customer service rep. They should stop causing issues to people and provided a better customer service training to their staff and provided us with the right information and dont **bleep** us with lies and then run our credit without our consent and create issues for us with our credit. I hope this can be resolved or i will need to

research what else can i do in this situation. This is not the first time i see this happening, there are other people going through the same situation and some situations get resolved, other situation dont get resolved.

0 Likes
Re: Credit Hard Inquiry from Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ivy17,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes