Customer Service Complaint Escalation
perez019

The incompetence that I suffered at the hands of Verizon Fios is incomprehensible. I received notice that I my bundle package would be ending soon and that I should call in to speak with a representative to get a new bundle package. I called in April 2019 to get a head start with that as well as discuss some technical issues I was having with the cable box in the master bedroom. The representative I spoke with informed me that there were new wireless cable boxes and a higher speed internet available and that would essentially solve the issue I as having with the cable box while additionally providing me with “faster internet.” I agreed to that with the new bundle package and my approximate cost was between $240-$250, which was perfect, because I expressed to the representative that I was NOT paying more than that for these services. I was informed that the next two bills will be a little higher because of the fees for having a technician come out to install the new modem etc. I understood and consented.

I opened the Verizon bill on September 16, 2019 to

confirm that my bill had adjusted itself to correct amount and to my surprise it showed that my monthly bill was $350. I immediately call Verizon customer service and spoke with a gentleman who I thought that the time was helpful to an extent. He told he saw the error was on there (Verizon’s) part and he sees that I would need a credit because I was charged more than I was suppose but he couldn’t approve the credit, he would have to send it to his supervisor. He told me, he would call me back the next day at 3p with a resolution. I never received a call back.

On 9/18, I called Verizon back and spoke with Julie. I explained to her the situation and she was ultimately unable to provide me with an answer regarding the credit I inquired about. Julie then transferred me to Scarlet, a supervisor, who I had a very lengthy conversation with. Scarlett apologized that my bundle package wasn’t updated and she said she would launch an investigation to see what happened but she did want me to rectify my situation by first getting me an updated bundle package. I explained to Scarlett that I have been a Verizon customer for a few years now and me staying with Verizon after this hiccup is dependent on whether or not I get this credit. I emphasized numerous times that I should nothave to pay for Verizon’s incompetence and the incompetence of their staff. I did my duo diligence with calling in early however it was never applied to the account. Scarlett assured me that I have nothing to worry and she’s almost sure that I will get the credit but I first have to get a new bundle package in place. I agreed to a dollar amount of $257.37 for the new bundle package.

Scarlett sent me documentation via email to review and when I clicked to the cancellation page, it stated that cancelling prior to the 24 months will incur a $350 cancellation fee. I said to Scarlett that I have my reservations about this because I am only willing to stay with Verizon if I am approved my credit and she reassured me again that she’s almost certain that I would receive my credit, therefore I consented. Prior to discontinuing the call Scarlett informed me that she would launch an investigation and get back to me by Friday, 9/20/2019, with a resolution to my inquiry regarding my credit, but I should not worry. I didn’t receive a call on Friday but I assumed the investigation was taking longer than anticipated so I was not worried. Boy, was I wrong for resting assured in Verizon! Today, 9/25/19, I arrived home at 6:15 pm, to be greeted by disconnected TV, phone and internet!

I am truly disappointed in Verizon’s customer service performance. This is some of the worse I have seen. I was assured a timely call back twice, I was assured resolutions to my outstanding issues and all I have to show for it is disconnected services and an outstanding Verizon bill.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Complaint Escalation
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi perez019,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes