Customer Service Impossible...do not work with customers!!
kelly1
Contributor - Level 1

I had made a payment arrangement, online.  The first payment was due on the 1st.  Unfortunately, my car went down and it took most of my paycheck to repair it.  I called Verizon last night, to try and work on the FIRST payment arrangement only...and this "person"...Wendy...ended up being a complete female dog about it!  Oh yeah, gave me an extra week, but there is NO way that the full amount is going to be paid, since I get paid every two weeks.  This "woman" wouldn't even let me put a little down on it, to show that I wanted to try and make RESONABLE payments on the account.  Not to mention, that I start back at Capella University Online on Monday!  So, if I basically don't get the full amount in by next Friday...which I don't have thanks to my pain in the butt car...services will be shut off.  I am seriously considering going back to Time Warner and loosing TVG because of Verizon's lack of communicating with their customers and actually WORKING with them!!  I am so angry now, because now I won't be able to get into my second week of school and will have bad grades, lose the financial aid for this program and therefore, not be able to complete my schooling for my degree...which would get my in a better job position, earning better money, to pay you with!!  ARGH!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Impossible...do not work with customers!!
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

First of all, know that this is a peer-to-peer forum.  You're talking to other Verizon customers here.

I'm not sure what you expect from Verizon.  By your own admittance, you don't have the money to pay for the services you contracted from Verizon.  You decided it was more important to fix your car than pay your Verizon bill.  If you can't afford Verizon's services, then why should Verizon do anything for you?

It's also not clear what Verizon's services have to do with you getting back into school.  If you need phone and internet for school, then you should make sure you have the money to pay for it.  Maybe you should switch to the least expensive phone and internet service you can find, whether that be Verizon or another provider.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
kelly1
Contributor - Level 1

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
kelly1
Contributor - Level 1

So should that person.

Now, first of all, none of us PLAN to have anything break on them.  It happens!  The car broke down.  How hard is that to understand.  Second of all, they would have been paid, if the car DIDN'T go down.  Common sense.  Third of all, yes, there is an ONLINE COLLEGE STUDENT.  That means, she attends college ONLINE.  You want me to be considerate, you please be considerate as well.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

My comments are not inconsiderate.  I'm just pointing out that Verizon is not a bank; they don't make loans.  As Verizon customers, we are all expected to pay our bills on time, plain and simple.  Getting upset when Verizon won't change their payment terms after you've already agreed to a late payment schedule sounds inconsiderate to me.  You car breaking down is not Verizon's problem - that's life.

It's up to each of us to figure out how to meet the payment obligations we agree to when we enter into a contract for service with Verizon and other vendors.  That may mean making a budget and prioritizing certain things over others.  It can also mean making sure one has the income to support the services one subscribes to or choosing lesser services.  Or it may mean finding loans from banks, friends or family.  In all cases, I wouldn't expect Verizon to loan me money or extend payment terms much.

I was not aware that your school is an online school.  Since you are an online college student, net access is critical to you.  You need to find a way to pay for what you need or use free access such as is available at many public libraries, coffee shops and more.  Consider what people had to go through to get a degree before online schools were available and be glad you don't have to factor travel time and travel costs into the cost of your schooling.

Good Luck.

0 Likes