Customer service complaint
davidnl

Fios cable service has been reliable and high quality, but their customer service representatives are mind-blowingly incompetent, incredibly rude, and even deceitful.

My experience:
I was told by a Verizon representative over chat that NFL Network was included with a certain premium package upgrade. So they signed me up, and a week later I discovered the channel to be inactive. I called support to find out why it wasn’t activated. If I had known this call would suck 2 hours out of my life, leave the issue unresolved, and leave me with my blood boiling, I would have just banged my head against the wall a few times instead.

The first hour and 15 minutes were spent with a service technician trying to figure out why we weren’t getting the channel. Finally he gave up and transferred me to a customer service rep.  In what was a rude and unprovoked rant, the rep told me that I don’t actually get NFL Network with my current package and there was no way for him to give it to me.

I tried to explain that I had spoken with another representative over chat who told me I should get it, along with a technician who also seemed to think I should get it. At least that is what I would have said if the rep had taken a single breath while angrily word-vomiting his script all over me multiple times, without an ounce of any attempt to hear what I was saying, let alone discuss a resolution. I demanded to speak with his supervisor, which earned me another 30 minutes on hold before I finally hung up steaming, and still with no idea where my NFL Network was.

I really don’t know where they find these people, but their customer service “training” must go something like this: Read your script as quickly as you can so the customer can’t get a word in and then put them on hold until they hang up. Rinse and repeat. I really wish I had a viable alternative, as I would leave Verizon in a heartbeat.

0 Likes
Re: Customer service complaint
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Customer service complaint
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have closed your private support case. Glad we were able to get your issue sorted out. Feel free to make a new thread anytime you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes