Customer service joke- Cancellation
k501
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here I am getting ready to move to a new house we are building 25 minutes from where we currently live.  2 weeks ago I call and ask to move my full FIOS bundle to my new address ( with one bill).  As a loyal VZW customer for in excess of 10 years and a loyal FIOS customer for the last 4 I didn't see any reason to switch anything.  

The woman says service will be available at my new house, but the address has not been "plugged in" for 911 yet.  No problem, they will resolve.  I call back today and the Account Manager I spoke to said, well we only offer phone and DirectTV at the moment there.   Fine, then just cancel me out for now and when FIOS is offered at some point I will sign back up, but since you can not offer me anywhere near the same service, I don't think its fair to charge me the $60 ETF that remains on my account.  Tough luck according to him.  Seriously? 

I have been giving VZ in excess of $300 a month for years now, and wanted to continue service, but they just simply cannot offer it.  So I kindly say fine I will just do something else in the meantime.  Instead of doing the right thing, you decide to zing me for $60 on the way out the door and leave a horrible taste in my mouth. 

I am in a service business myself and can't imagine saying that to one of my customers.  Maybe my $300 doesn't matter to Verizon, but it matters to me.  I guess I will vote with my wallet indefinitely at this point.  Comcast, AT&T you just got a big win today. 

0 Likes
Re: Customer service joke- Cancellation
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.  It looks like you know how to reach Verizon, so I won't repeat the instructions here.

I am curious, though, how you feel about your customers who don't want to honor their contracts? I don't know what  your business is, but in mine when an agreement is reached both sides honor it for the duration.

Good luck.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

k50,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

k50,

Unfortunately the ETF would apply in this situation. Very sorry for the trouble.

Josh

0 Likes
k501
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.

In response to your question gs0b:

1) If I no longer offerred the service that was signed up for, yes I would let someone go, and have actually.

2) I tend to look a little longer on the horizon though.  I would rather have the >$300 a month than just get the $60 on the front end.

They made a business decision as you can see, and so will I, thats all.  Fortunately we live where we have options and some freedom.

shall1
Enthusiast - Level 1
I left ATT after years over their inability for weeks to upgrade my broken cell phone to a smart phone. I already had Verizon land line and DSL. So I took the cell to Verizon. Happy with that so far. But Verizon customer service with the land line has been awful for a long time. I am wondering at what point do these companies, any of them, start to realize that retaining customers is more important than making the next buck off a customer you lured away from another provider. If they would concentrate on what they already have, they would not have to invest so heavily in a sales force to steal the next customer away--because let's face there are very few actual NEW customers. The new customers are just the ones you all keeping making angry and steal from each other.
0 Likes
k501
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I moved everything over to ATT on the wireless side today.  Very frustrating of course, but it is what it is at this point.  Verizon has lost my $320 a month so they could get their $60 ETF. 

Good luck to everyone else. 

0 Likes