Customer service lied to me
Sarahanne2
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the beginning of May 2018 my husband and I decided we wanted to switch our service from Comcast to Verizon fios since we kept getting the fliers for the triple play and it seemed really reasonable. I called and set up my account with a representative and went over the channels that we would both would like  to have knowing that some require the special packages. As he was going over the charges he mentioned a 100 dollars set up fee that would put our first payment almost to 300. After letting him know my concerns with paying such a high price he let me know that he would wave the set up fee but that I would still see it when signing into my account but to not worry about it since it would not be applied. I thanked him so much and we even laughed because he made the joke that we have the same birthday so he would do that for me. I thought to myself wow that's really great and was feeling really good about being with this company and giving them my business. I let him know that I am only home on the weekends since my husband and I both work over 40 hours a week and that installation would have to be on a Saturday. My family and I waited for a month without service and today we had our service turned on and we're excited to finally watch our shows we have missed. I sat down and logged into my fios account to look over the packages I have and try and navigate everything since the system is new to me and noticed that there is a charge from 257 dollars!!  As I was going through the details of my charges THERE'S THE 100 SET UP FEE!!!

I took a deep breath and called customer service because of course this is a mistake since I was promised it would not be applied but wanted to make sure because it will be  automatically withdrawn. I called customer service and was told that I was responsible for this fee and there wasn't anything he could do to remove it and asked if I would like to talk to a supervisor. I agreed since this is obviously a discrepancy. I was connected with Chris who then let me know that there is no note on my account and that this is what I agreed to and that this " isn't something they offer". After I told him to check the recordings he told me that they are for "training purposes only". He told me that all he could do is contact the representative for better training but that I am responsible for this charge. He offered me 5 dollars off for 12 months or a one time 25 dollar discount. I told him that they need to do what was promised and what I was told and he refused. I can not believe and am sick that I have literally just been lied to just to make a sale. I can not believe that they do not stand by what they tell customers. He also stated that if I was to cancel today  I will be responsible for the full 257 after not even having my service on for 1 day. 

Re: Customer service lied to me
jonjones1
Legend

You are not responsible for $257 since you have a 30 days total customer satisfaction guarantee.

https://www.verizon.com/home/fios-registration/

See towards the bottom. Call up and cancel now. You will owe nothing.

the sales people will tell you anything to make a sale. You should have read your confirmation emails test were sent on order placement.

cancel auto pay today, right now. Don’t wait.

the waiver of the install fees are normally via online ordering not on the phone or chat.

0 Likes
Sarahanne2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called yesterday and told the manager I wanted to cancel and he stated that my billing period began yesterday and would end the same day and that I would be responsible for the full 257 dollars. When I told him that I hadn't even had my tv on for an hour he stated that I would be responsible for that billing cycle. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Sarahanne wrote:

I called yesterday and told the manager I wanted to cancel and he stated that my billing period began yesterday and would end the same day and that I would be responsible for the full 257 dollars. When I told him that I hadn't even had my tv on for an hour he stated that I would be responsible for that billing cycle. 

You cannot be responsible for payment under the 30 day guarantee. Figure it this way, you sign up for service and you have 30 free days to try it. On day 2 of those 30 days you decide not to keep it. Well their own guarantee states you owe nothing and part friends. (Their wording from the website) so you cancel, the Verizon rep lies to you to save the account. Don’t be afraid simply contact your states attorney generals office and your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission (google your states government offices) call them, file a online complaint. Show the confirmation emails and any other correspondence and give dates and times you spoke to Verizon with names if you can remember them.

these agencies will put you in touch with Verizon executive escalations department. In fact they will call you. Explain the situation and the worry free guarantee and they should be able to cancel it off permanently.

other option is pay the invoice and have cable refund you as an inducement to get your business back.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sarahanne ,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes