Customer service putting order without consent
dantecc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I just had a horrible experience, and suprised that I'm not the only one who went through this after reading other threads.

I called Verizon to ask some questions about the internet service, and specifically told her that I'd consider about it. She however runs credit check on me (she told me that she would reserve the order in case I decide to change over to Verizon, and asked for my DOB, but didn't ask for SSN nor asked me if it is ok to run credit reoprt). She started asking quesitons about my credit, and that's when I realized that something is not right and stopped answering her questions, and asked her if she's running my credit report. She stutters and tells me that I gave her permission. After some arguments, she told me that she would not answer my quesitons any more. So I hung up the phone. Minutes later, I get text message about order review. She put order without my permission!  I was able to call back and cancel the order which I NEVER orderd, but this is definitely not right.  I also talked to the supervisor, but that was useless.  He only tried to side with his rep, not believing a word I say, claiming that I clicked on "I Agree" button at the bottom of order summary, which is not true. This is one scary world we live in. I really wonder if there is anything that can be done about it. This is not right, Verizon.

Re: Customer service putting order without consent
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dantecc,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes