Cut Cable and MORE!
furrtree

I am not sure where to start with this, but I have seen posts about cut cables from improperly laid cables and wanted to see if anyone had experience on who to call at Verizon to discuss.  I am a long-time customer and have been very pleased with the FIOS service. But the events of the past week have me re-thinking continuing service.  This all started a couple years ago when I started to noticed that my backyard was getting soft and not draining as well as it had in past years after it rained.  But this year, it got to the point where we had standing water in the backyard and along the foundation.  That's when things got interesting. I called PA 811 services and had the utilities marked before we started to dig.  And I was even out in the backyard when the man from Verizon was tracing the cable.  I knew where the FIOS cables were run as I remember them trenching for it and I have a green underground box in my side yard.  He marked the cable appropriate and we even discussed the project.  Nice guy and did his job!  So as we are digging to build out a drainage system, I found that there was already a drain running the back yard and found it interesting that it had just stopped working.  Didn't seemed to be clogged or full or mud, but decided to have a new one put in to take care of the issue.  Upon getting to the end of the drain, where the gentleman marked the FIOS cable, I pulled up the pipe and found the drain had been cut and was full or mud and dirt that was stopping the drain from working properly.  Even better was it was "attempted" to be repaired by using electrical tape.  Like I said before I know this is where they had installed the cable and cannot believe that no one alerted the homeowner they had cut the drain.  And then tried to "repair" it with electrical tape.  This has caused major issues in my backyard and cost me thousands of dollars in repair costs.  On top of all of this, we found and accidently cut a non-marked cable that was cut very close to my house about an inch underground.  15 minutes later, my neighbor asked if my FIOS was out, and come to find out we had cut their cable that was lazily run through my yard (no utility easement there) because the installer didn't want to do it correctly.  So now, I have a destroyed backyard, caused pain for my neighbors all because Verizon (and their contractors) took shortcuts and liberties on my property not to mention the trespassing aspect of running the cables through my yard without permission. I know that is a long story, but does any have any experience on how to get a hold of "right people" at Verizon to discuss this with?  Like I said, I am longtime customer and love the service, but this has really soured me on Verizon.  

0 Likes
Re: Cut Cable and MORE!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you started with support?

This is a peer to peer support forum, so we can only provide our best advice.

0 Likes
DC1776

Sadly, Verizon Repair “ain’t what it used to be”, so I would NOT start there. That will be very frustrating. I suggest starting at the top. On their website - probably in the investors section - you will find the officers of the corporation along with contact information. I would send a registered letter with a return receipt.  They employ people to handle “executive appeals”.  Your situation is so out of the box that I can’t imagine anyone else could handle it. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes