DIY Self install kit for fios tv
Berto3

i have recently gotten fios internet and phone installed. i am thinking of getting fios tv also but i want to install it myself because i can not take time off work to have a tech install it. the ont is in my house and all i have to do is run a coax from the ont to a 4 way splitter to feed all the tvs in the house. i tried ordering both online and by phone but was told that the self install kit is not available to me. one customer service rep told me that since i am a new fios customer that i am not in the database yet. how long does it take for me to get on the database so i can get the stbs shipped to me?

0 Likes
Re: DIY Self install kit for fios tv
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The self install can not be scheduled online. This has to be done with a phone agent setup as a "Central Office Connect". If you have not done this already, we would be glad to help. Please reply back if you need our assistance setting this up. 

0 Likes
Berto3

Yes, what number do I call to get the self install kit? Because I am getting conflicting answers. Some agents tell me that there is no self install kit for fios tv and other agents tell me that since I am a new fios customer I haven't been put into your database for fios self install. Right now I have fios internet and phone only but plan on getting fios tv but due to my work schedule it is impossible to have a tech install fios tv. I already have the ont installed and I also have coax runs to all my rooms in place. Thanks in advance for any info.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It's 1-800-VERIZON. If you didn't want to call then we could setup a call back with you. Please let us know.

0 Likes
Berto3

Anthony VZ, That is the number that I called where I get conflicting answers. (unless I am missing something) What is "Central Office Connect"?

0 Likes
Berto3

Also is there a specific time that I can call or is there a specific person or department that I have to talk to to get te self install kit?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We can help get this situated for you. I have posted your original message on our private support board so we can get more information from you. Please refer all correspondences there from here on out. Thanks!

0 Likes
Berto3

ok Anthony, one more question. How do i get to the private support board? Can you send me a link?

0 Likes
Berto3

never mind. i found the private board link. thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Berto3

All information sent via private board.

0 Likes