DSL contract changes not possible since FIOS is available?
FLB

I've been a Verizon DSL customer for 4-5 years. Only the 1.5Mbps is available to us. FIOS became available shortly after I signed for DSL. For the past year (or 2?), I've been considering moving out of state, as a result, I've been on the monthly plan (~$39/month). Yesterday I called Verizon because I wanted to see what the current DSL prices were (768Kbps service and the yearly price for the 1.5Mbps service) and if maybe the 3Mbps service had become available. To my surprise, I was told that I could not make any change to my DSL service since FIOS was available..... Now, I would love to need FIOS, but I can not justify the price for that cool toy when I don't even benefit from/use in full the 1.5Mbps DSL service....

Is this everybody's experience? Is that a new move for Verizon to try to pay for the fiber optic infrastructure they laid down? I mean, this is not something I asked them to do.... I'd rather have them go with faster DSL speed instead of fiber (that's what they have in other countries, ADSL 20 or 30Mbps) rather than not provide me a choice.... I've been a loyal customer and feel cheated. As much as I hate it, I'll have to look at what the cable company now offers since every dollar spent counts.

I'm probably a bad customer for all players involved (cheapest phone service, cheapest TV service, not cheapest DSL service).

0 Likes
Re: DSL contract changes not possible since FIOS is available?
Zingzap

When I moved in Auguest I had no problem getting the current DSL at my new place. I flat out told them if they said I had to have FIOS I would go to Comcast. 🙂 Maybe you got someone new or something. I would try again. If you don't get the answer you want talk to a supervisor and if you still don't get the answer you want they have a line for people who have been unable to resolve issues through those normal channels. It is in the phone book. 🙂 I have used it before. Good luck. I hope you are able to work it out.

0 Likes