DSL service
bfrench2

Hey!

Wondering if anybody has any ideas for me.  I have been a Verizon customer for years.  I was supposed to be getting a bundle plan from them, but always seemed to be charged more than the $59.99 for some reason. So, when a rep from time Warner showed up at my door and promised me better service for less money.  I jumped at the chance.  Unfortunately, they have not been able to deliver better service.  I have been dissatisfied with Time Warner from day one.  We use Netflix on the computer to stream movies and never had trouble with DSL.  with the cable it loads slower and the picture quality is not as good.  It stops and buffers frequently.  After trying to resolve problems with that company for weeks I decided to return to Verizon.  I spent most of one morning on the phone with a rep from Verizon who assured me that even though he was having trouble setting it up I would be all set with the same service (if not faster DSL)  as before.  Today however I got a notice in the mail that some of my bundle was unavailable.  I called to find out that the DSL service that I had less than a month ago (Dec 27 it was disconnected) the central office for this area is closed and there is nothing that they can do to reinstate my DSL.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Does anyone know of something I can do to get the great service I had back?

0 Likes
Re: DSL service
prisaz
Legend

@BFrench wrote:

Hey!

Wondering if anybody has any ideas for me.  I have been a Verizon customer for years.  I was supposed to be getting a bundle plan from them, but always seemed to be charged more than the $59.99 for some reason. So, when a rep from time Warner showed up at my door and promised me better service for less money.  I jumped at the chance.  Unfortunately, they have not been able to deliver better service.  I have been dissatisfied with Time Warner from day one.  We use Netflix on the computer to stream movies and never had trouble with DSL.  with the cable it loads slower and the picture quality is not as good.  It stops and buffers frequently.  After trying to resolve problems with that company for weeks I decided to return to Verizon.  I spent most of one morning on the phone with a rep from Verizon who assured me that even though he was having trouble setting it up I would be all set with the same service (if not faster DSL)  as before.  Today however I got a notice in the mail that some of my bundle was unavailable.  I called to find out that the DSL service that I had less than a month ago (Dec 27 it was disconnected) the central office for this area is closed and there is nothing that they can do to reinstate my DSL.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Does anyone know of something I can do to get the great service I had back?

Do you know if FiOS is available at your location. If it is available, there is a good chance that the DSL circuit was pulled out and no longer available. I believe I heard that if FiOS was available at a residence DSL would not be provisioned. I will inquire. But you can check if FiOS is available. Here. http://www22.verizon.com/residential/fiosinternet/checkavailability/checkavailability.htm

0 Likes