Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

DVR Model?

SOLVED
KrazyKatLady
Contributor
Contributor

DVR Model?

Message 1 of 4
(968 Views)

How do I tell what model my DVR is? When I signed up I was told I would be able to record up to 6 shows at once but it seems like I can only record 2 shows. When I have 2 shows recording at the same time and I want to watch a different channel, it asks me which recording I want to cancel. I should be able to record 5 shows and watch another show on a different channel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KrazyKatLady
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DVR Model?

Message 4 of 4
(877 Views)

Thanks. I found my DVR model and I had the 6 tuner model, but I was indeed only getting 2 tuners. Called Verison and now I have to pay an extra $12 a month (with a $4 "discount")  to get the 6 tuners that I was promised originally.

So, not happy with Verison so far.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 2 of 4
(941 Views)

@KrazyKatLadywrote:

How do I tell what model my DVR is? When I signed up I was told I would be able to record up to 6 shows at once but it seems like I can only record 2 shows. When I have 2 shows recording at the same time and I want to watch a different channel, it asks me which recording I want to cancel. I should be able to record 5 shows and watch another show on a different channel.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/stb-dvr

See your device at the link above. There are devices showing for 12 programs.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 4
(932 Views)

model is right on the front.

If you have VMS, it has 6 tuners.

If you have any remote units (IPCs) they take up a tuner.

So the number of shows you can record is a function of how many tuners are in use.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
KrazyKatLady
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(878 Views)

Thanks. I found my DVR model and I had the 6 tuner model, but I was indeed only getting 2 tuners. Called Verison and now I have to pay an extra $12 a month (with a $4 "discount")  to get the 6 tuners that I was promised originally.

So, not happy with Verison so far.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.