DVR Model?
KrazyKatLady1
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I tell what model my DVR is? When I signed up I was told I would be able to record up to 6 shows at once but it seems like I can only record 2 shows. When I have 2 shows recording at the same time and I want to watch a different channel, it asks me which recording I want to cancel. I should be able to record 5 shows and watch another show on a different channel.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR Model?
KrazyKatLady1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. I found my DVR model and I had the 6 tuner model, but I was indeed only getting 2 tuners. Called Verison and now I have to pay an extra $12 a month (with a $4 "discount")  to get the 6 tuners that I was promised originally.

So, not happy with Verison so far.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@KrazyKatLadywrote:

How do I tell what model my DVR is? When I signed up I was told I would be able to record up to 6 shows at once but it seems like I can only record 2 shows. When I have 2 shows recording at the same time and I want to watch a different channel, it asks me which recording I want to cancel. I should be able to record 5 shows and watch another show on a different channel.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/stb-dvr

See your device at the link above. There are devices showing for 12 programs.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

model is right on the front.

If you have VMS, it has 6 tuners.

If you have any remote units (IPCs) they take up a tuner.

So the number of shows you can record is a function of how many tuners are in use.

KrazyKatLady1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. I found my DVR model and I had the 6 tuner model, but I was indeed only getting 2 tuners. Called Verison and now I have to pay an extra $12 a month (with a $4 "discount")  to get the 6 tuners that I was promised originally.

So, not happy with Verison so far.

0 Likes