Dangerous Damage Claim No Support or Help
Silver35

Had internet installed on 08/25/18 with new cat6 lines added. The tech drilled into a bx/conduit power line inside of my wall causing a power issue. He had trouble drilling the first hole and said he hit metal but unsure what it was, then drilled a second hole and said there was no issue. It wasn't until after he was gone we noticed we had no power to the top floor of our home. I then took a picture of the first hole.imageDamaged power line inside failed drilled hole. We contacted Verizon on 08/25/18 for immediate help but was told no one was going to come until 08/26/18. I checked the status online and it says 08/27/18 for an internet issue. Agent "Sai" on chat informed me {edited for privacy} of dispatch would be helping. I was told no one was coming to address the hazardous issue in my home until the next day (08/26/18) which is unacceptable, as is after checking the "repair ticket" which states a date of 08/27/18. I have young children and having this dangerous situation without a resolution caused by Verizon is near irrehensible. I still cannot reach anyone and it is after 24 hours have already passed. Luckily my family, our home and the tech have yet to be seriously injured. I am so upset with a company that I have touted and recommended.

On 08/26/18 another Agent "Pavan" told me I will recieve a call in the morning from a manager. No one has called. I tried chat again and another Agent told me they promise someone will be in my home with technical expertise to do the electricity and fix the wall they are going to have to open, but to wait until 6pm.

I then waited until 2pm to call. The rep I spoke with James informed me no one was coming today (08/26/18) and that I have a ticket open for an internet issue that will be addressed on 08/27/18.

This has been the most absurd, irresponsible and dangerous situation I have experienced as a homeowner with a company. The fact that Verizon is telling me basically to hope for good luck with no fires or electrical damage and displacing my family for a minimum of three days plus the actual opening of my wall and fixing the electrical wiring and repair of the wall(how long is this job to repair going to take?) is beyond even words. How can Verizon allow this to occur for days on end? I keep getting the runaround and safety of my family, home and neighbors doesnt seem to be a priority or even a concern. I am feeling the need to contact the BBB. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Please help.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Dangerous Damage Claim No Support or Help
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Silver3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes