Dangerously low power lines
achirmule

There are multiple lines of wires that run the side of my house, and in the back yard of five different houses. Since moving in, the wires have continued to get lower and lower, to the point where a few are hitting the floor of my neighbors backyards and I have seen multiple toddlers pulling on them. Having called verizon many times, they have sent repairmen out who have only been able to write a note to their supervisors and nothing has been fixed as of yet. 

I have read on previous forums that a line gang needs to be sent in order to re-tether the lines onto their poles. I'm in search of help to get that crew sent soon! Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Re: Dangerously low power lines
jonjones1
Legend

@achirmulewrote:

There are multiple lines of wires that run the side of my house, and in the back yard of five different houses. Since moving in, the wires have continued to get lower and lower, to the point where a few are hitting the floor of my neighbors backyards and I have seen multiple toddlers pulling on them. Having called verizon many times, they have sent repairmen out who have only been able to write a note to their supervisors and nothing has been fixed as of yet. 

I have read on previous forums that a line gang needs to be sent in order to re-tether the lines onto their poles. I'm in search of help to get that crew sent soon! Thanks for your help!

You could try calling Verizon and tell them you need downed lines repaired. However if children are playing and pulling on these lines or wires call the police. Have them get in touch with Verizon etc. this way it’s a safety issue. 

Verizon likes to collect fees and surcharges to take care of poles and lines, but likes to make it as difficult as possible to get these services. They should have a dedicated line number to contact. 

0 Likes
Re: Dangerously low power lines
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes