Day 7 without service
jonasmyst2

So I haven't had service for 7 days.  I have equipment hooked up I moved from a previous address.  I am currently on my 5th call and 10th or 11th hour of talking and holding on the phone.  I have gotten a different story every time I talked to someone but the original call with a Supervisor led me down a path of "you can absolutely move your equipment and self install".  She was supposed to call me back but never did.  Now I'm told the house is "blocked" and a technician has to come out.  Well no one before me said that (see different story each time).  I've been run up and down the line multiple times and it just seems Verizon doesn't know what Verizon is doing or capable of doing.  System limitations abound seem to stop any sort of customer service.  So they tried a new order with new equipment but the tech can't be it here until the 31st.  I mean I'm going to call around and see if another provider can do it faster but sure let's put the order in... ANOTHER 5 days. Then the agent says hey I have an idea.  We can just set you up with a new account and get you an extra $10 off and I'll even see if I can waive the install charge (**bleep**?) and have a tech out on the 1st.  Wait now it's the first.  Not going to be home why can't we do it on the 31st?  System limitation.  Ugh.  Well it's the 31st or nothing because I won't be home on the first, I'll be driving to pick up my kids from their dad that day.  Why is this so hard and what ever happened to customer service.  Why 5 calls and 5 different stories.  Why does no one have actual facts.  I'm a pretty upset customer who has been pretty darn patient with a broken process.  20 years in the IT industry and this rollercoaster has been the worst I have had or heard of...  Bob, Jo, and Sally need to get the same information or it just makes Verizon look bad.

0 Likes
Re: Day 7 without service
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jonasmyst2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes