Deals sent to me from Verizon
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

I continue to wonder why Verizon sends me deals and then in small print, it only applies to new customers!!! why do you do this?? it ... wastes.... my ...time!!!!  Stop.  Send me what applies to me!!!  Dont you look at that before you send deals out????

This came from Anne Hogan, Exec Director, Fios by Verizon.   Can someone tell Anne Hogan that i am not happy with receiving great deals that I am not eligible for. How about rewarding long time customers with deals???  Please review your customer's accounts and do not send them deals that dont apply to them.

0 Likes
Re: Deals sent to me from Verizon
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because it is cheaper for them to pay a company to just take mailing lists and blanket an area.

Taking the time to pull existing subscribers isn't worth it.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Hmm yeah. It is 2016 and a simple program can match addresses and determine if the resident already has Fios.  I would think they would not want to annoy current customers or get their hopes up only to be smashed after realizing they have to keep paying their rate instead of the great rate for newbees. Why would you want to do that to existing customers and waste their time.  Not worth it.. I would pay for programming to weed out existing customers and send mail to potential new adds only. It is annoying.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I get offers from Comcast and its not available in my neighborhood, but is nearby.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry about that. For this though, i am already a paying customer so i dont want to receive the mailings with great offers i cant use. It is really a simple request and easy to implement. 

0 Likes
Thumbz

Dear Anne Hogan,

I cannot begin to tell you how great it feels to be a valued customer when you send me emails to sign me up as a new customer!!!  Besides the fact that your company does not provide the speed advertised, its a testament to your business model that after giving your company over $700/mo, I cannot get customer service to get my service up to agreement standards.  It's starting to become evident by the rate that people are switching away from verizon that the nickle and diming doesn't play in your favor.  I hope you steer away from the NFL's business model of disrespecting your supporters as if you're the only product in town.  Hopefully you will be able to foreshadow your success rate with customers from all the messages on this board, along with this email.

0 Likes
ElaineAndDavid

Dear Anne Hogan 

I recieved a letter from you saying that you take it personally when customers aren't happy. The letter came with a offer of 74.99/mo for internet, TV & Phone. And that you wanted to do everything you can to win me back as a customer. I regret to say you are to late. I was a long time customer and never missed a payment. When my contract was up I called Verizon, I told them that I was paying 179.00 a month and asked if they could give me a better deal. I was told that because I was a loyal customer the best price I could get was 159.99 if I downgraded my service so I switched to Xfinity. If you were smart, you would offer all your customers the same price before they are forced to leave your company not after.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes