Deception by Verizon
LS65

I recently needed to renew my FIOS plan.  I used the chat capability and the agent provided me with what I thought was a great deal -- improve internet to 1Gb, same voice service and same TV channel line-up (which was the Extreme Package).  I queried the agent several times to ask if the channel line-up would be the same.  They indicated that it would be unchanged.  The cost was going to be only a few dollars more than what I was paying for 100M internet service.  I approved the switch, without realizing they had changed the TV package from Extreme to a Custom Action and Entertainment package.  That package has significantly fewer channels than what we had previously had.  

When we noticed that channels were missing, I contacted Verizon, both via chat and phone.  To get what I had been promised, was going to cost $20 a month more.  Since I hadn't noticed any real improvement with the higher internet speed, I suggested going back to the previous speed, and giving me back Extreme.  That was going to cost $50 month more, because it wasn't bundled.  

The last agent I talked to essentially said to wait a month and maybe another discount might come available.

I really feel I was misled by Verizon and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to proceed further.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deception by Verizon
jonjones1
Legend

Hopefully you saved the proof of the chat sessions and or have other written proof of what transpired. If you do contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via a google search. They regulate Verizon and other Utilities.

if you feel you were baited and switched you can contact both the agencies above I mentioned and your states attorney generals office. They take a dim view of such business practices.

best of luck

Re: Deception by Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LS65,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes