Did anyone get the Triple bundle promotion for $79.99 & free DVR? Does that promotion exist?
chrizNYC

I signed up for the triple bundle TV/phone/internet for $79.99 per month for 24 month contract, and free DVR for life time on Dec 10. It was advertized on Verizon website as well as on the flyer that was passed through my door. I received the confirmation letter on Dec 15 which stated the price for the above services was $104.99! That was $25 higher than their advertized price. I called customer service, who made me feel like I was hallucinating about the promotion: "The triple bundle was priced at $99.99, and no free DVR for life" as per the customer service. After much time spent explaining and negotiating, they still wouldn't change the price, but agreed to offer the free DVR.

On Dec 17, I called to confirm my order, and was told the price is still $104.99 and no free DVR. After much time spent explaining, I was offered the $79.99 triple bundle with free DVR.

On Dec 22, I called to confirm installation, and was told the price is $99.99, not $79.99.  What is going on here? Why can't Verizon honor their advertized price? If they advertized the promotion for $79.99, then change the price to $99.99 after the customer has agreed to the 2 year contract, that's called false advertizement!  I need someone to explain this to me.

0 Likes
Re: Did anyone get the Triple bundle promotion for $79.99 & free DVR? Does that promotion exist?
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

@chrizNYC wrote:

Why can't Verizon honor their advertized price? If they advertized the promotion for $79.99, then change the price to $99.99 after the customer has agreed to the 2 year contract, that's called false advertizement!  I need someone to explain this to me.

Probably because Verizon doesn't even know. I asked today what will be available once i will be in the final 60 days of my current contract. I asked 3 times and got 3 different answers - so go figure..

0 Likes
Re: Did anyone get the Triple bundle promotion for $79.99 & free DVR? Does that promotion exist?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello chrizNYC

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
NJstate

A few years ago, my neighbor received the triple bundle for $99 (including free dvr) without difficulty.  Renewal is another story & it does depend upon who you speak to.  

Verizon is like any other company with a contractual agreement.  Without documentation, our word is not credible.  Either cancel this order immediately.  Or, enjoy the Triple Play.  My apologies if I sound harsh.  Old school lifestyle kicking in.Smiley Wink

0 Likes
bsmitmar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe the $79.99 is only if you ordered online.  As for the free DVR that is a regional program.  You should call 888-553-1555 and speak with someone there.  This is an all Fios department so you should get an answer there.

0 Likes
dtully
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was paying 69.99/mo.  they upped it to 89.99 then to 109.99 in two months!  I'm out for blood now!!

0 Likes