Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Direct Connect with cable ready TV's

FloridaFlyer
Contributor
Contributor

Direct Connect with cable ready TV's

Message 1 of 2
(761 Views)

I am considering changing to FIOs TV and Internet.

Here's what the sales rep tells me:

He says the package price $94.99 includes one SD Set top box and three outlets. I ask him can I just plug in a cable ready TV and get some basic channels without a set top box? He says "No you must add a digital converter to each outlet. Each of these devices adds $6 per month to the bill.  So I say "if I want to have four total outlets Verizon charges an additional $18 per month ($216 yearly) for three additional digital converters  plus $20 to install the fourth outlet?" and he says "That's right."

Does this sound correct?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Direct Connect with cable ready TV's

Message 2 of 2
(744 Views)

Here is a good FAQ on it. 

Can I get local channels straight from the coax?
Yes, if your TV set has a QAM tuner and you subscribe to some kind of TV service. The TV signal is not enabled if you have only Internet or Phone service. 

Verizon transmits some channels in the clear. Usually these are the local channels, local HD channels, Univision and WGN. Otherwise, the channels are delivered encrypted and need a set top device of some sort to decode them. See this FAQ for more details. »Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »Does FiOS-TV require a set-top device?

Do not confuse a set top box with a Digital TV Converter, which is a device that enables older televisions to show the newer over-the-air digital broadcasts. FiOS-TV signals are not compatible with those devices.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title