DirectTV and Verizon issues
judilynn824

I moved in to a new house in 2005 and moved my Verizon phone service with me.  At that time, the agent talked me in to the DirectTV bundle on a deal they were offering.  I kept that deal until 2011 when Verizon installed Fios in my neighborhood.  I called Verizon to connect me to Fios and cancelled my DirectTV with DirectTV.  A few months later, i started getting these huge bills from Verizon because DirectTv kept billing me for their service through Verizon.  Verizon refused to take it off, even though I had FIOS with them.  For 2 years I contacted both Verizon and DirectTV trying to get this corrected to no avail.  DirectTV (which didn't even have an option to email them or do anything online) refused to acknowledge that the service had been cancelled.  Verizon said they were helpless to do anything because they were just doing the billing for DirectTv.  Over and over I pointed out that I had FIOS with them and it just wasn't logical that I would be billed for over a year for DirectTV service AFTER the FIOS installation.

After numerous high bills with over $500 dollars in DirectTV charges, I changed my service to another provider.  

I just checked my credit and have a collection on there from Verizon - I've never received a collection notice from them.

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to get it resolved?  There are over 2 years of documented phone calls about this issue - it is mind boggling to me that Verizon could sell me the Direct TV service, then upgrade me to FIOS, yet couldn't do anything to remove the DirectTV billing.

I don't mind paying Verizon for any charges that I owe them for Verizon services, but I refuse to pay for a year and 1/2 of DirectTV service that was billed at the same time I had FIOS.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: DirectTV and Verizon issues
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: DirectTV and Verizon issues
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Judy,

Unfortunately since we have not recieved any updates from you, we  closed out your support case.  If you have any further questions please post on this thread and we will open your support case again.

Thank you,
-Amanda_M

0 Likes