Switch Account

Discounts for Military Vets related to my home phone/internet/tv services

Discounts for Military Vets related to my home phone/internet/tv services

SOLVED
Contributor r2flee2
Contributor
Message 1 of 10
(4,980 Views)

Are there any discounts for Veterans who subscribe to home telephone/internet/tv available thru Verizon?

9 REPLIES 9
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

There is.

But you have to sign up through another website. And they charge $5/month.

They offer discounts for other services as well (like AAA)

Search for FIOS veteran discounts.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor r2flee2
Contributor

Could you share the name of the website, and do you believe it is worth the $5 per month to get the discount?

Thanks.

Rob

Platinum Contributor III

https://www.veteransadvantage.com/va/militarybenefits/verizon-fios

Here is the link.

up to you if it is worth it.

I'm not a veteran so can't say

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor r2flee2
Contributor

Seems like an excellent resource for discounts in a number of areas.  Thanks again for the link.

Contributor vazfam
Contributor

Hi  I would like to get my military discount can you tell me how to go about it. 

Platinum Contributor III

Read the earlier posts in this thread.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

@vazfam wrote:

Hi  I would like to get my military discount can you tell me how to go about it. 

https://members.veteransadvantage.com/deals/home-office/new-verizon-fios-customers-can-save-monthly-...

It is available at more than $5 a month savings. However it requires hoop jumping like any reduction Verizon puts out there. When I applied for a 15% discount at their wireless side it as screwed up. ( they actually asked for a pay stub) and I told them I have been out of the army for over 40 years. They then asked for your DD-214 or your Veterans id which I took a picture of and sent via their web uploading process. Also wanted to know other info. Even then Verizon kept asking for pay stubs. After numerous phone calls the girl said I was approved (I threatened them with the Veterans Administration and public postings) but it’s on there.

so get ready for fun and games.

Contributor rembo
Contributor

I was told that there is a 10% military discount for triple bundle packages. I have my DD214 wich I believe is needed for the discount. Please advise me on how to get this discount.

Thank you

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III

Read the earlier posts. There is a link on how to apply.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.