Disney+ login stopped working
ciz
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been accessing our Disney+ account successfully for the last year.  It never worked on our smart TV and attributed it to being too old, but we were able to log in on laptops and connect with HDMI to the TV as a work around.

The Disney* login page stopped working for us on all computers in our home.  Desktops, laptops, macs, pcs stopped working where it worked before.  We can get to the Disney plus screen but as soon as we select login, we get an empty black screen. Not certain, but appears to have shown up after we updated to the new Verizon  Wi-Fi 6 Router.  We have had FIOs in the house for years.  

I have spent too many hours trouble shooting, with Verizon, with Disney, rebooted OTA, router, updated browsers, turned off add blockers etc etc.  I have read where this issue has happened to others and in some cases was attributed to adblocker.    Our Verizon Wireless plans promote the service but haven't been able to get it to work since we upgraded the router. Hoping for some suggestions from this forum.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disney+ login stopped working
ciz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved.  Finally reached a great Verizon Customer Rep who troubleshot with me and confirmed that  Disney+ and Zoom were routing to AWS where my new router's IP address was blocked.  Rebooting the router was the solution, but it needed to be turned off for more time that I was allowing which then assigned a new IP address and solved the problem. 

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

Did you get the Disney + through Verizon? If so check and see if you are being billed for it after your free year. If not that is the reason you cannot view it.

if you get it like we do via the Disney+ homepage then check and see if it also has been paid for.

I would not get any service outside of straight Verizon internet or wireless without any add on and sign up through the service you want directly. Hulu, prime, or Disney 

highly doubtful the new router has anything to do with your not connecting due to WiFi 6 when there are not many devices that can connect at that new standard.

0 Likes
ciz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do get the Disney+ subscription with my Verizon Wireless account and recently updated to the plan that includes the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN bundle.  Talked to Disney customer service too.  My account is active.  I am able to access Disney+ with my hotspot.  I can't access Disney+ on any device in our home when I use our wifi when I previously could.  Not on any device Iphones, laptops, Desktops, Firestick.  The problem started when I upgraded to the G3100 router.  Perhaps there is a setting in the router?  And so far, it's only the Disney App or disneyplus.com.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Well I would try two things. Very simple. On the router turn off self organizing network (SON) and see if that helps. It’s a long shot.

Did you turn off the new router? And turn off SON? It’s just possible that is the issue.

I don’t take the premiums Verizon offered since I pay yearly for my Hulu and Disney and Apple Music and don’t need Verizon in the mix to mess it up. I feel better for it.

if you turn off WiFi on your cellular devices you can access Disney+ and if that works then your assumption on the router is more than likely correct. I would reset and pair the new router and turn SON off.

0 Likes
ciz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved.  Finally reached a great Verizon Customer Rep who troubleshot with me and confirmed that  Disney+ and Zoom were routing to AWS where my new router's IP address was blocked.  Rebooting the router was the solution, but it needed to be turned off for more time that I was allowing which then assigned a new IP address and solved the problem.