Do I have to get that goofy backup battery if I'm only getting TV and Internet?
NateNate

Seems kinda pointless to get something I'll never use and then have to replace a battery on it.

0 Likes
Re: Do I have to get that goofy backup battery if I'm only getting TV and Internet?
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

@NateNate wrote:

Seems kinda pointless to get something I'll never use and then have to replace a battery on it.

Why not take it?  If you ever get residental phone service, they will probably have to come out to give it to you at that point and it might cost you for the install.  If they want to give it, I'd take it....just in case.   Just me.

Re: Do I have to get that goofy backup battery if I'm only getting TV and Internet?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you HAVE to get the battery back up because it is what supplies power to the outside ONT.

you don't have to replace the battery if you don't have phone service, because that would be pointless, as it doesn't preserve tv or data signals when there is a loss of power.   however the fios is a passive optical network, which is a fancy way of saying your house electricity is what powers it.  they power that by using the bbu or battery back up system,  like they are integrated devices if I remember right.