Do not use Tech Support via chat - 2 hours of down time resulted.
socalmatt84

Verizon:

Today, I got on Chat with technical support since my internet connection was sluggish the last couple days.  In the beginning, Maria asked not only for one phone number, but another (in case we got disconnected?).After about 20 minutes of chatting with Maria, she said there didn't seem to be any issues, but she was going to run tests, or see what she could do on her side.  Shortly after, the chat window stopped responding, and the internet connection was lost.

I waited 15 minutes or so (no call from Maria), and the internet still had not came back up.

I reset the router by unplugging for 5 seconds and plugging back in.  Let it reboot for ten mintures...Nothing... Repeated this process again, nothing. 

I decided to call customer service, since I did not have an internet connection, waited on hold for 25 minutes just to be transferred to technical support another ten minutes.  Dean from tech support troubleshooted the issues, ran tests, and got the internet up and working again (it was something on Verizon end, since he never even had me reset the router...).

Moral of story, please teach the tech folks to call back if a connection is lost.  Almost 2 hours of time is lost just because I decided to use the chat service (which I will not use again).

- Matt

Labels (1)
0 Likes