Does Fios Really Not Want my Money?
MissIndependent

I ordered Fios a month ago. There is already a Fios Line installed Upstairs, and I have access to it but want my own additional line installed as there are two separate spaces completely independent of each other in this home. I went on the support chat and got an Installation date for yesterday after order being on hold for three weeks.  I previously submitted a copy of my lease to prove that I am a renter here and should be entitled to my private line and router to control, after which time it's still "under review". Well, the support chat guy assured me that my install would happen yesterday and I got an email with an installation date and a time. Yesterday, There was No knock at the door, at the upstairs door, and no phone call between 2-4 when the install was going to happen. No voicemail, and not a text either. There is no tracking available or in the Fios App as the email states because the app still shows my order on hold, and "someone will contact me soon." Do they really not want my money? I'm getting ready to call another company because Fios obviously doesn't want my $80+ per month. It's getting a bit ridiculous, and I'm over waiting for it. Plus, they stood me up today, and wasted my time. If they don't give me another installation date by the end of today, AND I cannot see the status changed in the app, I'm calling Google Fiber, ATT, Cox, & Comcast, and the first one here gets my business. This run around is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Re: Does Fios Really Not Want my Money?
jonjones1
Legend

You do realize there is a pandemic going on right?

verizon is not doing inside installs. For safety reasons. Cable and satellite services are also doing it.

if you can self install they will send you the router and instructions. If they need to work outside they may do so. But they are not going into premises at present.

you either wait or try your luck at the providers you mention.

0 Likes
MissIndependent

You do realize that I’m not mentally challenged, correct? And a SELF INSTALL is all that’s required because of the previous install in the same house, correct? All that’s required is outdoor work. 

You do also realize that they scheduled an appointment and left me hanging right? Or did you read that far? 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MissIndependent,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes