Don't Enroll In Autopay - You Cant Cancel
Kristy_A

I have always been an advocate for auto pay on any account....until now!  I cancelled my service about a month before the contract is set to expire, so the contract termination fee is pretty small.  I also at that time logged into the website and cancelled my enrollement in in Autopay.  Imagine my surprise today when I logged into my account, and saw that I still had a pending payment scheduled!  When I called Verizon to point out that my service had been cancelled, you're billing me a month of service that will not be used, I was told that they will use that money to pay the early termination fee, and I will receive a check in the mail for the remaining balance. 

Wait hold up, you mean to tell me that even though I am not giving you permission to take this money out of my account, you are going to take it anyway? The supervisors response was basically "Yes. We've done it this way for 20 years."  Oh, ok, because everything we did 20 years ago is the best practice now? Is that the close minded mindset of Verizon leadership?  I have NEVER enrolled in autopay that I can't cancel, and would have never enrolled if I knew that I couldn't cancel it immediately.  What if I was suffering some kind of financial hardship, and needed to pay it a day or two late? Too bad according to Verizon!  Pay for the bounced check (which, luckily is not the case, but to many folks it may be).  I explained to her that it was MY money, and even though I would be receiving a refund, I do not want Verizon to hold MY money over any period of time. Verizon Wireless allows you to cancel autopay same day, but you mean to tell me Verizon FIOS doesn't have that capability?  Thank God we have Brighthouse in my area....now I understand why everyone has Brighthouse and not Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: Don't Enroll In Autopay - You Cant Cancel
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Kristy_A,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
betta2

This is what happend to me. I wasted a fair amount of time trying to cancel autopay. To add to the frustration, there are even instructions for discontinuing autopay, leading one to think that it can be done. The truth is, you can't cancel.  I also switched to a different provider, but i still have a payment pending (for the full month) in autopay.  These payments are not authorized, and we can ask our banks/credit card companies to decline any payment to Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: ... Autopay ... You Cant Cancel - Actually, You Can
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@betta wrote:

... I wasted a fair amount of time trying to cancel autopay. To add to the frustration, there are even instructions for discontinuing autopay, leading one to think that it can be done. The truth is, you can't cancel ...

I notice that you made this identical assertion in another recent post:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/AutoPay-NOT-authorized/m-p/561457#M866...

Actually it's quite possible to cancel AutoPay, although the procedure does involve patience and several procedural steps.  I responded to your other post and provided detailed instructions for canceling AutoPay enrollment.  Note that in the other thread you did not indicate that you had cancelled your Verizon account (if that's what you're stating above). 

Here's a link  to the discussion:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/AutoPay-NOT-authorized/m-p/561465#M866...

Hope this information helps you address your issue.  It's quite possible however that if you've already cancelled your account, you no longer have access to the MyVerizon account management features.  In that case you must speak to a Verizon representative for clarification.

BTW, good luck with you new provider.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Kristy_A,

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is not required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

Thanks,

Jose

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes