Double Play more like Double Pay
GRC1231

While I have been a member of Verizon wireless for 15+ years and I am currently disatified with the solution to my Billing problem for my double play (TV and Internet).  During the first year of my membership, I was offered, as a promotion, "free HBO and SHOWTIME" which, allegedly, included their on demand services.  I specifically noted to the sales associated when purchasing this package that I wanted no extra charges to my account when the promotion ended.  The associate assured me that this would be taken care of and I naively believed her.

WIth respect to the service, the additional "perk" was in-reality worthless.  As part of my double play, I was provided with a digitlal router, not a set top box (something that Verizon was obviously aware of).  The Digital Route is incapable of accessing the channels that I was supposively getting for free.  I was never sent any codes, or additional information on how to register for the online "on-demand" options.  After my year promotion ran out, I received my first bill which charged me for this service as if I requested it.  Thinking that this charge may have just been a mistake, I payed the bill that I would likely be refunded once my account was reviewed; it was not.  Thereafter, I received my second bill, again, being charged for information that I could not access or enjoy.  I then went to the HBO on Demand and Showtime online "on demand options", recieved help from a family member who deoes have access to see if I could get access to these channels on my account, again I could not.  Which is what brings me to the real frustration of my experience with Verizon.

Now, that I see that my bill will not be corrected I called Verizon's billing department to enlighted them on my frustration and hope to clarify what happened as well as inform that that I do not want HBO or SHOWTIME anymore.  I was instead told since I paid the past bill, I would not be credited for the incorrect charge for the first month.  In addition I was charged for the subsequent month of having this service, which, again,  I do not possess the capability to access.  I tried to explain it to the billing assistant, he insisted that there was nothing that he could do and would not transfer me to another department or his supervisor because "there is nothing that they can do for me".  Now the real kicker in all of this, is that when I canceled the "extended service",  I expressed to the billing assistant my extreme furstration of be charged for using HBO and SHOWTIME when in reality I could not access it, I was offered as a consultation a "FREE PERIOD OF FREE HBO AND SHOWTIME."

At this point I am not sure if this is some sort of maniacal joke by Verizon, which would be nothing but uterly disturbing.  Or simply, a complete lack of awareness of thier customer's concerns and needs.  Verizon, I hope you take this message as a way to better reach your consumer.  Sadly, however, I feel this message will also be ignored.

Very Truely Yours,

Extremely Dissapointed 😞 

0 Likes
Re: Double Play more like Double Pay
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi GRC123,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes