ESCALATE TO MANAGEMENT / Overpaid for Service Did Not Receive
martinb182

For the past year and a half we've noticed extremely slow speeds (10-15mbps). We called a few times over the years to troubleshoot, but were always just told that the "speeds aren't guaranteed." I finally spoke to a FIOS agent on the phone 2 months ago who said that she thought our older router (the MI424-WR Rev. F) wasn't capable of the 50mbps speeds and suggested we just try the Quantum router free of charge for one month to see if it was an issue of our older Verizon router just not being capable of handling those speeds. Sure enough, the Quantum router delivered the speeds we were expecting. 

Because of this side-by-side comparison, we were able to rule out other factors causing the slower speeds with our older router (locale, local interference, or whatever else is a factor that makes it so FIOS will only say "up to" ____mbps). 

So now I'm frustrated, because I feel the past 2 years FIOS has been happy to charge us for 50mbps service, not telling us that the router was not capable of handling these speeds. It feels like we were knowingly being charged for service we could never realize. 

I would like either a partial refund on services paid for up until this point, or some sort of alleviated charge for the Quantum router, which is apparently the tool we need in order to realize the speeds we have been paying for for 2 years. It kind of feels icky that we were overcharged for service we didn't receive the past 2 years, and now that we've figured it out, are slapped with a bill for a new router. 

We are open to a straight up credit toward the new router, or some sort of other amicable arrangement for a reduced rate package that would keep us as a FIOS customer, as right now, this sour taste in our mouth has us looking at Comcast and willing to suck up less reliable service. If they can beat an average of 10-15mbps, that will still be better than what we experienced the past 2 years with FIOS.

0 Likes
Re: ESCALATE TO MANAGEMENT / Overpaid for Service Did Not Receive
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello martinb182,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative about a billing question, you should contact customer service directly at 1-800-VERIZON during normal business hours.

0 Likes
martinb182

@LawrenceC wrote:

Hello martinb182,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative about a billing question, you should contact customer service directly at 1-800-VERIZON during normal business hours.

I spoke with someone in customer service this morning who basically said "too bad" and didn't seem to care about resolving a grievance we had with FIOS. I thought this was an unacceptable answer and want to escalate to someone with more authority and concern for me as a customer.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi martinb182,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes