Existing Customer Deals are horrible
Mike19711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for 9 years and never had an issue with service or customer service, but the fact that I can't get a deal at renewal that is anywhere near as good as what is offered new customers is really disappointing. I was looking to cutback to save costs and just do Gigabit Internet, but at $117/mo it's more expensive than the $79.99/mo Triple Play being offered now- not to mention the $300 gift card offer included in that deal.

Why don't exisitng customers get competitive offers? There is no incentive for customer loyalty.

Re: Existing Customer Deals are horrible
Hankster3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes .... your Loyalty doesn't mean anything when they give better deals to people who are NOT customers.  Guess only option is to "Cancel" entirely so the monthly bill drops to $0 and take advantage of New-Customer incentives from Comcast.  It is sad!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

And if you look at the Comcast forums, they have people complaining about the same thing.

Most service providers will give new customers much better deals than existing customers.

0 Likes
bobbyrex
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is like Verizon is forcing existing customers to leave, just look at the thousands that are leaving.  I am sure most are existing customers.  I have spoken to many agents, begging for an offer to keep me.  Im a retired Vet, fixed income and this is my main source of entertainment, but it has gotten way out of price range for me.   I think Verizon is great quality, but their services for current, long time customers is far from great.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@bobbyrex wrote:

It is like Verizon is forcing existing customers to leave, just look at the thousands that are leaving.  I am sure most are existing customers.  I have spoken to many agents, begging for an offer to keep me.  Im a retired Vet, fixed income and this is my main source of entertainment, but it has gotten way out of price range for me.   I think Verizon is great quality, but their services for current, long time customers is far from great.

This is a gotcha game. Its played by cable also. They offer subsidies to new customers on the premise they got them for at least two years. However cable has no contracts but also prices the service sky high after year one. 

you can cancel and go back and forth between fios and cable, then come back as a new customer. Remember do not do any contracts or auto pay since it will give verizon complete control of your services and your bank account.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bobbyrex wrote:

For the thousands that are leaving Verizon and going to Cable there are thousands leaving Cable and going to Verizon. That's why everyone switches every two years. All Cable/Internet providers do the same thing. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Edg1 wrote:

@bobbyrex wrote:

For the thousands that are leaving Verizon and going to Cable there are thousands leaving Cable and going to Verizon. That's why everyone switches every two years. All Cable/Internet providers do the same thing. 

Gee I wish I said that ?..

0 Likes
bobbyrex
Enthusiast - Level 2

True.  They know customers do that so it seems it would be to their benefit to offer a good offer to remain, than to lose a customer only to have them join again at an even lower price than offerring a good deal to stay current.  Verizon is a business and it makes no sense for them to lose money in the long run, when most existing customers are just looking to reduce their ever increasing bills to an acceptable amount.

0 Likes
BOOBA1

Yes I agree, I just recently switched to Xfinity for the same reason.  Been a customer for over 9yrs and when I spoke to the Verizon rep he told me I was already getting the best deal.  And did NOTHING to get me to stay.  So long Verizon.....

0 Likes