Extremely Frustrating
Manicmeerkat

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000203 EndHTML:001177968 StartFragment:001174112 EndFragment:001177726 StartSelection:001174112 EndSelection:001177714 SourceURL:https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wmInbox (13) - {edited for privacy} - Gmail

Does any body know ANY other way to voice a complaint with Verizon other than waiting on hold and getting the run around?  It appears that Verizon/FIOS is making it extremely hard to register a complaint.  I do not wish to spend another hour on hold, so hopefully this will get some response!

Here's my issue:
As part of the sign-up package for signing up with FIOS back in August, I received a $250.00 reward/gift card. 

One of the initial reasons for deciding to sign up with FIOS was the promotion at the time for the $250.00 gift card.   I was told by the representative that I would be able to use this gift card for anything, and I could even use it to pay my FIOS bill.  Not only did I specifically ask about being able to pay my FIOS bill with this gift card,  I specifically remember this conversation as we were commenting on the fact that my initial bill - which was to include installation, etc. - was extremely large, and the representative made a comment referring to the benefit of getting the $250.00 gift card which I would be able to use towards that bill.

At no point in time was I told that there were any restrictions on the usage of this card.

Over the past 2 days, I have spent close to 2 1/2 hours on the phone, and an hour driving around to Verizon stores in an attempt to utilize my Verizon gift card to pay my FIOS bill.

Initially, I attempted to pay the bill online - - but was unable to do so.

The first conversation to Verizon I was on hold for 54 minutes.  When I finally reached a representative, she told me I could only use the card to pay my  Wireless bill.   When I explained that I was told this could be used for my FIOS bill, she informed me that they would have to send this matter "up to the next level of support" and that a Supervisor would definitely call me back the next day by 2:00 p.m.   That call never came!

I when I called back 2 days later, I spent 50 minutes on the phone, and another representative placed me on hold while she spoke with the "FIOS department" that handled this matter.   I was then told that I definitely COULD use the card to pay my FIOS bill, but I would need to physically go into a Verizon Store in order to pay my bill. 

The first Verizon Store I went to did not handle payments, and they sent me to another store.

The second Verizon Store - after attempting to pay via the Kiosk - - informed me that I could only use the card on Wireless bills.  As my company reimburses most of my cellphone bill, this would not be an option for me - - nor do I want to use this for my wireless bill.

Even the Verizon store clerks commented on the absurdity of  a) having to come into a Verizon store to use the rewards card, and  b) not being able to use it to pay either bill. 

It has also been extremely frustrating to hear excuses from telephone representatives stating "Well we don't know about FIOS policies; we are two different companies".

This card says Verizon.  I log onto Verizonwireless.com to pay BOTH my cell phone AND my FIOS bill. 

At the very least, the sales representative who initially signed me up for the promotional deal did not understand the terms of the rewards card and gave me misinformation during the entire enrollment process.    At worst, the representative deliberately gave me misinformation in order to close the deal on a new FIOS order.  

Either way, this has been an extremely frustrating ordeal, and I would like to know how I can go about paying my FIOS bill with this card, as was initially stated by your representatives. 

I would appreciate a resolution to this matter as I would like to avoid filing a complaint to the FCC, and sharing this negative experience on social media channels. 

Thank you for your time.
0 Likes
Re: Extremely Frustrating
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Manicmeerkat,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes