FIOS Install nightmare
leftylang

OK ,  Finally decided to make the switch to FIOS from Cablevision.  Did everything on-line for my order and even used the online human being customer support which was pretty good.  Ordered service on June 23, scheduled install July 2. I had to reschedule the intall for June 6th as a could not get the day off.   All of this was accepted, email reminded and confirmed by Verizon.  Today at 8:00am a team of two people from {edited for privacy}came out to my home and said they were running the fiber optic cable.  I asked that they please be careful about my sprinkler system and they said they would.  I think they were there for :30minutes max.    Anyway i turned on the sprinkler after they left and sure enough they didn't work.   I called the # supplied and they sent

someone out to repair what was broken.   THESE GUYS from Verizon/{edited for privacy}BROKE 10 DIFFERENT PIPES in my sprinkler system.  NO CARE WAS TAKEN TO AVOID OR EVEN ATTEMPT TO AVOID PIPES OR SPRINKLER HEADS WHICH THEY ALSO BROKE.   Good start Verizon!!  Next I took the day off to be available for the install and received confirmation on email that my appointment was confirmed for an 11-2pm start and the project would take 4-6 hrs.  Well at 2:40pm i called version customer service, was kept on hold for a 20 minutes before the call was even answered and then another :30 minutes of on and off again hold to tell me that someone should have attempted to call me ( they didn't) to tell me that me current phone number was not available for "win back" today and they would not be able to come until next week!.    Don't know what win back is but I am sitting here and I don't even have the service yet and I am wondering why I switched.  My front yard is now completely dug up from the 10 repaired areas where they broke my sprinkler system, I took a day off and they canceled without even telling me or sending an email message to confirm that they were not coming.  Their on-line appointment status said that they were still coming today at 2:Pm.  It took 1 hrs for the customer  service agent to figure out that they were not coming and his explaination was that I had not allowed enough time for the "Win Back"  team  to get my current # back from Cablevison though they allow me to reschedule my appointment and get  email confirmation that they were in fact coming.    I asked the Verizon agent several times what that meant and he could explain it to me.    I asked to speak to the "Win Back Team" he said I couldn't.  I asked why they didn't update the appointment when they canceled or send me an email, he said Verizon didn't do that .   He then told me that I was a important customer.................... I said I felt VERIZON WAS TRYING VERY HARD TO GET ME TO SWITCH BACK TO CABLEVISON.     So I know need to wait another 8 days for them to come out next Saturday or I have to take more time off and they will come on next Monday.  VERIZON WHAT ARE YOU DOING???  YOUR A COMMUNICATION COMPANY THAT CAN'T SEEM TO COMMUNICATE WELL WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS?  I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD YOUR PRODUCT MIGHT BE IF YOU CONTINUE TO PERFORM LIKE YOU DID TODAY  YOU WILL LOSE ME IN NO TIME.    

0 Likes