FIOS Renewal/Upgrade: Beware What You are Told in Chat
tlkng1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The time came to renew my plan and I decided to upgrade to FIOS One.  Having gone through the renewal from the dark underworld 2 years ago (that took 4 months to straighten out), I initiated chat to make sure everyone was one the same page.

I requested the update to FIOS One but also argued the upgrade fee given this is my fourth renewal.  Long story short, the CSR indicated she had cut the upgrade fee in half to only $25.00.  I asked several questions, reiterated my request and she happily told me all was set.  She sent me the proposed order and everything looked correct so I agreed to the order.

Two days later I get the new "box" only to see that it was simply the same box I already had.  When questioned in a second chat (different rep), the second rep indicated that the first rep had simply removed the upgrade fee and that the $25.00 I was actually seeing was the shipping and handling fee.  When I questioned why there was no indication (on the new order) of the FIOS One box, the second rep indicated the "Equipment Upgrade Fee" WAS the indication of the new box.

So, end of story, I ended up having to pay not only the full upgrade fee, but an added $25.00 shipping and handling fee in order to get the FIOS One box I had originally requested; the second rep absolutely refused to credit the new shipping fee.  

Verizon needs to do a MUCH better job at piecing out the order information.  What is so hard about adding the equipment being upgraded to so someone can actually see and verify the contents of the order?  Had I been able to view that I would have caught the error the first time instead of having to waste time and money fixing the order I was originally supposed to receive.

As an aside, there is also very little info contained with the FIOS One box...a quick visual "how-to" on how to connect and a diagram of the remote and that was it.  

Re: FIOS Renewal/Upgrade: Beware What You are Told in Chat
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MSTC,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Update to Original Post - FIOS Renewal/Upgrade: Beware What You are Told in Chat
tlkng1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wanted to update the post but the thread was locked with the only option to mark it as "solution accepted."

A quick recap, on a renewal issue one chat agent decided to cancel my FIOS One upgrade request in order to give me a "break" on the upgrade fees when in fact there was no "break," and in doing so, sent me a "new" box that was identical to the box I already had.  A subsequent chat session with related complaint, and I was charged another $25 handling fee for the correct FIOS One box I had originally requested with no reduction in the upgrade fee.

In response to my original post, I was referred back to chat to speak with yet a third agent, told my story again and they did credit back the second handling fee. All in all, by the time the partial, temporary, duplicate, upgrade, taxes and other fees kicked in, instead of $95 higher in the bill ($70 for the total upgrade fees, $25 for the handling fee) I had originally been quoted,  I ended up paying about $148 when it was all totaled out.  Where the extra $40 (after the applied taxes and "other" fees) came from is a mystery but it may even out as the computer catches up with the bill changes and it gets returned or applied to subsequent month's charges.

0 Likes