FIOS TEST Drive - Duping new customers.
gabbiehoofan

Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue - but in case potential future customers read these forums before moving forward PLEASE don't do the test drive. They'll tell you that you can stick with a plan that matches your viewing habits without increasing your cost but they are not telling the truth. I watched fourteen channels, that's it; there's not a plan that doesn't cost at least $15/month more than what I pay now that has all fourteen of those channels available. Seems like pretty sneaky business practice to spread these different channels out amongst various plans in such a way that most customers HAVE to opt for the larger plans. Really, y'all, fourteen channels...that's all I wanted. Comcast has an $80/month plan that won't go up that has those same channels included. Hmmm. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TEST Drive - Duping new customers.
JTinVaB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto !     I am furious.

Test Drive
JTinVaB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was reading all the posts of all the customers who were also duped by Verizon sales reps on the supposed " test drive promo"  and even though we have a 24 month contract they are jacking our costs.

I too am furious and feel strongly that the sales reps are committing fraud, and if Verizon is doing nothing then they are in fact condoning it.

0 Likes
Re: Test Drive
virginia96

biggest rip off ever.  signed on and was guaranteed 2 years at that price.  Now I am told the package goes up 50 dollars because their test drive says so...How is this legal? Just two months and they are at it.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TEST Drive - Duping new customers.
hodg3podg3_PA

Just had to chime in as yet another customer that is extremely frustrated with the tactics Verizon used.  My bill has consistently been in the $150-$200 range for the phone/gigabit/tv bundle and I signed up for a promo indicating the cost would be $79.99.  I too watched very few channels during the test drive period and even when I was willing to drop some of the channels I do watch in order to get a cheaper bill, I still can't seem to get below $120/mo.  That's, of course, before a litany of additional taxes and fees I hadn't anticipated and the end result is $150/mo that I cannot afford.  I don't even really care if I have the TV portion of the package nor do I care about having the phone.  I should have just signed up for internet and left it at that but I was lured in by shady advertising practices and am now stuck in a 2 year contract.  

This really is the most deceptive business practice I've encountered in some time from a company this large and (I thought) reputable.  I believe we all should be fairly compensated for the ridiculously high bills we've been forced to pay and allowed to opt out of the contracts now that no-contract accounts are being pushed by Verizon (a mere 3 months after I singed up!).  

Verizon - how are you making this right for your loyal customers such as myself?  Or do these requests for help go unnoticed?

0 Likes