FIOS TV in PALM SPRINGS CA
dazigzagr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are there any plans to bring FiOS TV to the the homes in Palm Springs that currently have FiOS Internet and Phone?  FiOS TV came to the Palm Springs area about two years ago (Palm Desert, Indio, La Quinta), but the TV service is still not available to Palm Springs residents.  This seems strange considering the fact that FIOS internet is available to residents in the north end of town (my home for example).  I have been told by Verizon engineers that it literally takes a flip of the switch to send TV signal to Palm Springs (since it is already wired and part of the same TV Market) as other cities.  Is it just a franchise issue with the City of Palm Springs?  Who can I contact to request TV service be officially activated for Palm Springs?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV in PALM SPRINGS CA
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@dazigzagr wrote:

Are there any plans to bring FiOS TV to the the homes in Palm Springs that currently have FiOS Internet and Phone?  FiOS TV came to the Palm Springs area about two years ago (Palm Desert, Indio, La Quinta), but the TV service is still not available to Palm Springs residents.  This seems strange considering the fact that FIOS internet is available to residents in the north end of town (my home for example).  I have been told by Verizon engineers that it literally takes a flip of the switch to send TV signal to Palm Springs (since it is already wired and part of the same TV Market) as other cities.  Is it just a franchise issue with the City of Palm Springs?  Who can I contact to request TV service be officially activated for Palm Springs?

It is a franchise issue with the city of palm springs.  So you would want to contact the local city about it to find what the hold up is or make a request for.

0 Likes
dazigzagr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called the city, and they said it is not a franchise issue since the State of California has authorized a statewide franchise for fios tv.  What else might be the issue?  Verizon already has the fiber and equipment run to my end of town and is clearly able to offer fios service (since I have Fios Internet at my home).  Is there anyone that I can contact to request FIOS Tv be activated?  I am even open to letter writing campaigns if that is something that would bring FIOS TV to Palm Springs.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@dazigzagr wrote:

I called the city, and they said it is not a franchise issue since the State of California has authorized a statewide franchise for fios tv.  What else might be the issue?  Verizon already has the fiber and equipment run to my end of town and is clearly able to offer fios service (since I have Fios Internet at my home).  Is there anyone that I can contact to request FIOS Tv be activated?  I am even open to letter writing campaigns if that is something that would bring FIOS TV to Palm Springs.

Sorry to hear about the problems trying to get the TV service to your home. We can take a look at this for you. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes