FIOS in Port Potomac Estates Woodbridge VA
thompssp

I am currently living in Alexandria VA and have the FIOS bidle package which I am extremely happy with. We are having a home built in Port Potomac Estates in Woodbridge VA now. Although FIOS is available in a large majority of our new neighborhood ,according to the developer and Ryan Homes, it appears that FIOS is unavailable for the newer homes being built in the back part of the subdivision, particularly near Boatswain Cr. This is upsetting. It seems as if Verizon FIOS has left or given up on the community and moved on. They can only offer me Direct TV and DSL which I do not want. I spoke with some of the existing neighbors who really wish FIOS would be installed but are now forced to use COMCAST or Direct TV. I can't get a solid answer from anyone in regards to when it may be available again in this area but I fear that Verizon may now overlook coming back to this area. There are plenty of home owners in the newer homes of this neighborhood who would like to have the option of using FIOS including myself. I'm not putting a satellite dish on my home or using DSL if I move. I work from home and require much higher internet speeds. Does anyone from Verizon have any useful information as to whether FIOS installation will continue in this neighborhood? As I mentioned before, I think Verizon has moved on and will not look back to this particular neighborhood.

Thanks

0 Likes