Switch Account

FIOS kept interupting Michael Jackson memorial service with commercials

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

FIOS kept interupting Michael Jackson memorial service with commercials

Message 1 of 4
(7,308 Views)
Did any of you experience this today? I had on HLN to watch the memorial and FIOS kept putting on their stupid commercials right in the middle of the service. There were supposed to be no commercials during the service and there weren't from the network. About every half hour to 45 minutes, FIOS kept interupting the LIVE service to put on their goofy commercials. I never was a Michael Jackson fan but my wife is and was trying to watch this today! I think it's in extremely poor taste to interupt a memorial service with those commercials like that! Were they making yet another one of their mistakes by doing this? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: FIOS kept interrupting Michael Jackson memorial service with commercials

Message 2 of 4
(7,269 Views)
Not that I care about {please keep it relevant} . But I think I know what happened. Over the last few month Verizon will put their own ad over a normal network add. Basically stealing ad time from the network. I use to notice it when they first started to do it and the timing was always off by like 5 seconds or more, or when play in the middle of a show. So Verizon most likely had it programmed for what ever show was to be on at that time. And because the {please keep it relevant}  circus took over something elses time spot, Verizon probably forgot to take off the "extra" fios ads.
Message Edited by ElizabethS on 07-08-2009 07:19 PM
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(7,213 Views)

@TimSykes wrote:
Not that I care about {please keep it relevant} . But I think I know what happened. Over the last few month Verizon will put their own ad over a normal network add. Basically stealing ad time from the network. I use to notice it when they first started to do it and the timing was always off by like 5 seconds or more, or when play in the middle of a show. So Verizon most likely had it programmed for what ever show was to be on at that time. And because the {please keep it relevant} circus took over something elses time spot, Verizon probably forgot to take off the "extra" fios ads.

{please keep it relevant} 

Verizon, is there any explanation or true reasoning behind the ads that were played on a program that should have been uninterrupted?

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 07-08-2009 07:18 PM
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 4 of 4
(7,074 Views)

TimSykes is dead on

Verizon did not cancel their commercials, even though the show they were tied to was not on.

Saying that, Verizon does not STEAL commercial time.

There are different classes of commercials, and quite a few can be overridden by the broadcaster.  It is perfectly legal.

FWIW, my local Comcast provider did the same thing with LOCAL Boston commercials.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.