FIOS 'service no better than Comcast's
BND3

An appointment was made on Sunday (12/12) to have a technician install a jack in our baasement. The person making the appointment said the tech would be there between 8am and 5pm on 12/15.    The appointment was confirmed by me numerous times with FIOS. On the day of the appointment, I called 3 times to confirm the appointment. I logged onto the FIOS website and confirmed a 4th time through your 'chat' program. Each time I confirmed, I was told the tech would be there before 5pm. The last two times (1 telephone and 1 chat), I was told the tech had 3 appointments, we were the last, and the tech would be there by 5pm.   Around 6 pm, the tech had not shown up. I called again, only to be told the tech would be there before 7pm.   In addition to the missed appointment, I was also given two wrong numbers for a complaint line. Apparently Verizon doesn't want to confront its shortcomings.   I could go on for pages about the horrible customer service, but I'll keep this short.   I left Comcast because of just this type of customer service. I thought FIOS would be better. It is painfully obvious that I was wrong. FIOS service is no better.   My wife took a day off work, unnecessarily, to stay home for you to put this jack in. The technician showed up, interrupted what little family time we have, dinner. I don't blame the tech...I DO blame FIOS.   I doubt anyone at FIOS cares, but shame on all of you for the way my family was treated.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS 'service no better than Comcast's
prisaz
Legend

@BND wrote:

An appointment was made on Sunday (12/12) to have a technician install a jack in our baasement. The person making the appointment said the tech would be there between 8am and 5pm on 12/15.    The appointment was confirmed by me numerous times with FIOS. On the day of the appointment, I called 3 times to confirm the appointment. I logged onto the FIOS website and confirmed a 4th time through your 'chat' program. Each time I confirmed, I was told the tech would be there before 5pm. The last two times (1 telephone and 1 chat), I was told the tech had 3 appointments, we were the last, and the tech would be there by 5pm.   Around 6 pm, the tech had not shown up. I called again, only to be told the tech would be there before 7pm.   In addition to the missed appointment, I was also given two wrong numbers for a complaint line. Apparently Verizon doesn't want to confront its shortcomings.   I could go on for pages about the horrible customer service, but I'll keep this short.   I left Comcast because of just this type of customer service. I thought FIOS would be better. It is painfully obvious that I was wrong. FIOS service is no better.   My wife took a day off work, unnecessarily, to stay home for you to put this jack in. The technician showed up, interrupted what little family time we have, dinner. I don't blame the tech...I DO blame FIOS.   I doubt anyone at FIOS cares, but shame on all of you for the way my family was treated.

Please note.

"The person making the appointment said the tech would be there between 8am and 5pm on 12/15."

This is on Wed. it is only Mon. Sorry for the confusion.What you are saying confuses me. Did the tech show up before this Wed, and when did your wife take off work?

"The technician showed up, interrupted what little family time we have, dinner. I don't blame the tech."

At times if the tech has an appointment near by, they will come early, if the tech showed up early, they should have called first. Techs fault for not calling.

UPDATE.

Not CLEAR. Today is only 12/13. Appointment stated for 12/15? I don't blame the OP for being upset if the appointment was not as promised, and in all the frustration has mixed up the dates?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS 'service no better than Comcast's
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think the OP is saying that the Tech did finally show up on the day promised ... just much later than promised.

So his wife took the day off unnecessarily and if the tech wasn't going to show until 7 or 8pm, they should have told him that in the first place.

Verizon's no different than anyone else here ... tech's get scheduled for the average number of jobs they can do in a day and inevitably they run into a difficult installation which takes longer than expected and it screws up the rest of the day's schedule.   I was companies could somehow divide up the work so that each job at least started on time -- but that takes more technicians and more people who are sitting around doing nothing more often to pull off -- which means higher costs.

Maybe some kind of scheduling system which lets you get a quicker appointment if you'll take a big window (like anytime during a given day) vs one which has fewer slots available but guarantees an arrival time (like first appoint of the day)?   That or a bonus system which rewards the customer with a discount on the first month's service for a missed appointment time and rewards the tech (in the form of a bonus) for making all their appointment times?  Just a thought ...