False Advertising - Prime/Echo Offer
weingt
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have been customers of Verizon Fios since 2006/7 and since that time, we have been phone/cable/internet bundle customers.  When we moved in November, we decided we didn't really need a landline and wanted to stream tv so the bundle didn't make sense.  I called to move our service and sign up for the gigabit internet only.  I was told that there was a promotion at that time (November 2017) and I would get a year of Prime and a 2nd generation Echo and that I could redeem it in January 2018.

In January, I received a "Verizon notification" that I could redeem my Amazon Prime offer but there was no mention of the 2nd generation Echo. 

I logged on to the Verizon chat and asked about the Echo and was told by the tech, "you will receive and email, not to worry.  It will come separately."  It never came.  At the same time I had clicked on the Amazon Prime notification and redeemed that offer only to get another notice from Verizon two weeks later that I had until 30 March to redeem. This made no sense so I called Verizon support. 

When I pressed about the Echo, I was told by that same "supervisor" that I don't qualify for the Echo and that it was only for people who purchased a Triple Play/bundle.  I asked for an something that showed this was the case and was told there is no documention because that offer is no longer available.

This is false adverstising. Verizon cannot lure customers with a lucrative offer and then take it away from them or change the terms of the offer they get customers to sign a contract.  This very same thing was happening to cusomers in the Philedelphia and the attorney general ended up filing a law suit to get customers their 2nd generation Echo. 

Why is Verizon not coming through to customers with the full offer that they promised?  Where is my 2nd generation Echo?  I am considering escalating this in Maryland because it simply isn't right to treat valued customers this way.

Re: False Advertising - Prime/Echo Offer
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi weingt,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes