False charges for "unreturned" equipment
Vakj133
Claiming that i never returned my cable equipment (dvr and remote), Verizon sent me a bill for $600+. The entire process of canceling my cable has been a nightmare. First I started receiving almost daily phone calls about returning my equipment before Verizon even had the decency to mail me my equipment return package. Once they finally sent the equipment return package the packing slip was incorrect (I cancelled my cable but kept my internet service which means I shouldn't have been expected to return the router). I even took the time to call Verizon's horrendous customer service line (30 minute wait times...every single time) to confirm that the packing slip was incorrect and make sure they wouldn't be expecting, and subsequently charging me for, the router. I sent back the appropriate equipment and naively thought everything was sorted out. 6 weeks later I'm still getting phone calls about returning my equipment so again I call horrible customer service and wait on hold for 35 minutes until I talk to someone for another 25 minutes. She assures me Verizon has opened an investigation and the matter should be resolved in a couple of days. She also promised someone from Verizon would be in touch. 2 weeks later (8 weeks since I cancelled my service) and I've heard nothing from Verizon and the charges haven't been reversed. Seriously?! I'm a few days away from canceling my internet service as well and taking my business to a different provider. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you resolve it? I have no clue what more I can do.
0 Likes
Re: False charges for "unreturned" equipment
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, 

Since we have not heard back from you, we are now closing out your private support case. If you still require assistance please feel free to post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
montydad5000

Did you ever get this resolved?  I am having the exact same problem.  It's been almost two months since we returned our equipment and now they're saying we're "past due" $1,400.

0 Likes
FILEWITHBBB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue. I have been told since April that my bill would be cleared "the next billing cycle". The only thing that happened was that in July I received a collection letter saying my accout was overdue. I have filed a complaint with the BBB.  Verizon continues to claim the bill will be cleared the next billing cycle. The only reason they paid any attention at all is because I filed with the BBB. My Complaint # is {edited for privacy} Please feel free to look it over when/if the information is made public. I would encourage you to file with the BBB. It is free and a quick online process. I am hoping to have this matter resolved in the near future. Best of luck to you.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, FILEWITHBBB

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Mitchell

0 Likes
kskal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did either of you ever get a resolution??

I just called FiOS tonight and allegedly there is now an open ticket for a similar issue. We moved from Maryland to Missouri at the end of September and had to cancel our FiOS as it is not offered in MO. Verizon provided a box to return our modem, HD DVR and remote. We sent everything to them in the same box. Today, I received a letter from Verizon confirming receipt of the modem, but stating they did not receive the HD DVR (that was in the same box as the modem) and that I would be charged $550 if it was not received by November 15. What?! Then, the customer service rep I spoke with told me that if the DVR is not located before the charge hits my account, it's possible I can be turned over for collection while they are still looking for something they lost!!! So not happy right now.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello kskal

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Could you give some more details of your issue?

0 Likes