Re: False charges for "unreturned" equipment
katejkl
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I have been dealing with the same problem.  We returned our old fios equipment when we upgraded to Quantem.  I had to call Verizon twice to have return boxes mailed to me, which they said I should have received.  When they finally arrived, we packed up the equipment immediately and dropped off at UPS.  We have recepts showing they were delivered, but Verizon is still billing us for unreturned equipment for $1600!  This was back in September and it is still showing up on our now February bill.  We have spoken with customer service more than 4 times and we keep getting told that our bill is under dispute and will be cleared up at the next billing cycle.  We were also told by a customer service rep that they are not allowed to answer billing questions and cannot contact the billing department, because they don't have phones.  what?????!!!  We are very frustrated and close to cancelling our account.  Incompetence at its best!

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi katejkl,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
mattdomenico
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm experiencing the same problem others are posting.

I canceled my FIOS account at the end of November 2014.

I still had a bill of $386.42 that I knew I needed to pay.

Verizon sent me UPS boxes and stickers that I dropped off at the local UPS store.

I never received my "final bill" since I moved, it must have been sent to my old address.

Now I went to go online and finally pay my $386.42 bill, and I noticed I was charged an unreturned equpiment fee.

All of a sudden my bill is $1,563.65

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you keep a copy of the tracking number?
Always important to keep that info to prove when the equipment was received by Verizon.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello mattdomenico

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
mattdomenico
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not received a private message. My Verizon Email is locked because of the balance dispute.

I just want to know why I can't talk to someone with access to my account.

When I call, I just get immediatly transfered to the collections agency.

Verizon should have access to my account and they should also have a record of me canceliing my FIOS service, and therefore, there is no reason you guys wouldn't have the UPS tracking number.

Giving me the run around is getting Verizon no closer to receiving any payment from me for the services I ACTUALLY owe on

mattdomenico
Enthusiast - Level 2

And then on top of all this, expecting me to pay for equipment THAT I RETURNED, and making me try to dig up a tracking number for stuff that was prepaid by Verizon, is CERTAINLY a quick way for me to tell everyone that I know to leave Verizon and explaing that the lack of customer service, and false charges is the reason why.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

A reply can take two business days.  Your email is not blocked. If you are having technical issues, please call tech support.

0 Likes
mattdomenico
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you try to resend the Email again because I just checked and the one I had on file was never verified by me. It should be now.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mattdomenico,

The team has already been notified that you may be having problems with email.

0 Likes