FiOS Referral Program isn't quite what it purports to be
ScottJ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My friend ordered FiOS service as a result of my referral (through the Verizon Share the Network program) and is now a FiOS customer.  However, despite instructions to the contrary, he and I are now being told that my referral (through the Verizon Share the Network program) will not be honored because he ordered the service over the telephone instead of on-line.  I find this entirely unacceptable and very poor customer service.

I will no longer be referring my friends and family to FiOS.  They're on your own to gain new customers becasue I'm no longer going to help.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Referral Program isn't quite what it purports to be
nanamia

I had the same problem. Even tho my son told them over the phone I was referring him.

0 Likes
Sean2976
Did you have any luck getting it resolved...I did mine over phone because website wasn't showing my address having availability. I told the Verizon rep right away before we started the process that I got a referral from a friend.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
0 Likes
athomka_

I had the same problem. I referred my brother (In Redondo Beach, CA)  to Verizon FIOS and he also signed up for the complete package as I have (cell phone, Home Phone, FIOS TV and Internet) and informed the representative that he was referred by me and we were suppose to both get a reward for this and never did get anything from Verizon.  I will be cancelling my contract with Verizon when my contract is up and my brother will also be cancelling his contract unless Verizon gives up what they promised.  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
bhersh15221
Enthusiast - Level 1

You'd think they would appreciate the referral, instead they put me through a maze of condescending call center reps who tell anything but the truth.

I will not be getting them any more new customers.

0 Likes
bmoon2

I know I am late to this conversation but I found it looking for information on referral program. 

It looks like Verizon doesn't care as no one from the company ever responded to this tread. 

I have had some success referring if they used the website but always thought it was rediculus that it had to be only through the website. 

I just got off the phone with them and they killed the program all together. 

0 Likes